Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: BRCD) was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in San Jose, California. It has 4,724 full-time employees and provides storage areas for companies and organizations around the world Network (SAN) and Internet Protocol (IP) network solutions.
Brocade Communications Systems (BRCD):
Brocade Communications Systems is a network equipment supplier that provides storage area network solution services for global enterprises, including telecommunications, cable television, mobile phone operators and Internet protocols.
Brocade is the undisputed leader in the storage network industry, and we are leading the industry to evolve to a new generation of IP .
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. operates through three departments: SAN Products, IP Networking Products, and Global Services.
Brocade Communications Systems (BRCD) product:
- Switches : (1) Data center switches: Brocade data center VDX switches can deliver very simple configuration and management. (2) Campus network switch: Brocade campus matrix technology for ICX switches has flexible scalability and simplified management, and has a low total cost of ownership (TCO). (3) Carrier Ethernet switch: Integrate the services of all your networks on one carrier Ethernet platform;
- Storage Network : (1) Fibre Channel: With the backbone network and switches based on Brocade Fibre Channel technology, you can provide high-performance connections throughout the campus or on a global scale. (2) With the Brocade IP storage network, you can benefit from the recent innovations in Ethernet technology;
- Routers : Use Brocade Ethernet core and edge routers to enhance agility and broaden revenue sources. Improve programming control ability;
- Software network connection : (1) SDN controllers and applications: Brocade’s software-defined network controllers and applications allow you to support programmable network control and abstract underlying infrastructure through an open architecture to meet the needs of data centers. (2) Network function virtualization: With the help of Brocade network virtualization solutions, the network can maximize its value. Use software solutions to achieve carrier-grade performance while rebuilding the data center economy. (3) Application delivery controller Brocade application delivery controller is designed to deliver fast, reliable and safe online services, which can optimize running applications in any environment;
- Network automation : Brocade adopts a workflow-centric approach and uses cross-domain workflows to introduce network automation and agility into IT operation and maintenance;
- Network visibility : when you expand 4G space, plan 5G and support the Internet of Things, manage and protect your physical or virtual mobile network and make money from it;
- Mobile network : Brocade Virtual Core for Mobile (VCM) eliminates expensive hardware, long upgrade cycles, over-configuration, and the need to prepare budgets years in advance;
- Transceivers : Brocade optical transceivers can provide Fibre Channel and Ethernet connections to ensure compatibility with Brocade switches, fully comply with industry standards, and enjoy lifetime support;
- Network management : Use Brocade Fabric technology to experience breakthrough network management and highest availability. Innovative monitoring, management and diagnosis across Fibre Channel and IP networks.
Brocade Communications Systems (BRCD) History:
- In August 1995, Seth Neiman, Kumar Malavalli and Paul R. Bonderson founded Brocade and established the company on May 14, 1998;
- In early 1997, the company’s first product-SilkWorm-Fibre Channel Switch (Fibre Channel Switch) was released;
- On May 25, 1999, Brocade Communication Systems IPO, the issue price was 4.75 US dollars, and 3.25 million shares were issued. Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, BT Alex. Brown and Dain Rauscher Wessels jointly underwritten;
- On January 14, 2013, Lloyd Carney became the new CEO of Brocade;
- On November 2, 2016, chip manufacturer Broadcom planned to acquire Brocade Communications for US$5.5 billion.