Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:EXTR) was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in San Jose, California, with 1,378 full-time employees. It provides software-driven network solutions for global corporate customers. Leading provider of network switch solutions.
Extreme Networks (EXTR):
The speed network company uses the speed and scale of 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 40 Gigabit Ethernet and 100 Gigabit Ethernet to design, build and install Ethernet computer network products for enterprise and carrier-grade (metro) networks. Extreme Speed Network designs, develops and manufactures wired and wireless network infrastructure equipment; and develops software for network management, strategy, analysis, security and access control.
- Extreme Networks provides enterprises, data centers and service providers with modular Ethernet switching systems; stackable Ethernet switching systems; wireless access point products; and centralized management software to provide visibility and control of the central network.
- Extreme Networks also provides ExtremeControl software solutions, providing network access control solutions for wired and wireless LAN and VPN users, as well as allowing integration with other third-party network management tools for mobile device management integration, threat response, next-generation firewalls, and security information And incident management, intrusion prevention system, etc.
- Extreme Networks also provides ExtremeAnalytics, a networked application analysis and optimization solution that can capture, aggregate, analyze, correlate and report network data to achieve decision-making and improve business performance.
- Extreme Networks also provides ExtremeCloud, a cloud-based network management solution that provides platform interaction for customers and employees; and software-defined networking.
The product types of the company include: modular Ethernet switching system, stacking Ethernet switching system, high-density WiFi, centralized management software, network access control (NAC) and enterprise employees to bring their own equipment, application analysis With software-defined networking (SDN).
Speed Network Company sells and sells its products to enterprises and organizations in the education, medical, manufacturing, hotel industry and government agencies through the channels of distributors, dealers and field sales organizations.
Extreme Networks (EXTR) History:
- In 1996, Gordon Stitt, Herb Schneider and Stephen Haddock founded Extreme Networks in California, USA. The company’s early investors include: Norwest Venture Partners, AVI Capital Management, Trinity Ventures and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers;
- In October 1996, Extreme Networks acquired Mammoth Technology;
- In April 1999, the IPO of Speed Network Company was listed on Nasdaq, stock code: NASDAQ: EXTR;
- In February 2001, Extreme Networks acquired Optranet;
- In March 2001, Extreme Networks acquired Webstacks;
- On September 12, 2013, Extreme Networks announced that it would acquire Enterasys Networks for US$180 million;
- On October 31, 2016, Extreme Networks announced that it has completed the acquisition of Zebra Technologies ‘ wireless LAN business for approximately US$55 million .