DHT Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: DHT) was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda. It has 17 full-time employees. Through its subsidiaries, it mainly owns and operates crude oil tankers in Oslo, Norway and Singapore.
DHT Holdings (DHT):
DHT is an independent crude oil tanker company whose fleet is traded internationally, including crude oil tankers in the VLCC sector, operated through the company’s integrated management companies in Singapore and Oslo, Norway.
As of February 6, 2018, it has 27 ultra-large crude oil carriers and 2 Aframax ships with a deadweight of 8,590,740.
DHT Holdings (DHT) History:
- DHT was established in 2005 and listed on the New York Stock Exchange in the same year. At the beginning of its establishment, the company acquired seven crude oil tankers, namely three VLCC and four Aframax, with long-term charter contracts.
- At the end of 2007 and early 2008, DHT acquired two Suez tankers, which signed long-term bareboat charter contracts.
- In March 2010, the original company DHT Maritime, Inc. completed a series of transactions and established DHT Holdings, Inc. (a newly established company formed in the Marshall Islands), which is the parent company of DHT Maritime, Inc..
- In September 2010, DHT Norwegian shipping partners Svein Moxnes Harfjeld and Trygve P. Munthe became the company’s senior management. Subsequently, the company began to implement a strategic change, from more “lease-type” business to a company that owns and operates ships.
- In September 2014, DHT acquired 100% of the shares of Samco Shipholding, a private ship-owning company based in Singapore. At the time of the transaction, Samco’s fleet included 7 VLCCs with an average age of 4.5 years, several of which had contracts with oil majors. The transaction includes Samco’s 50% stake in Singapore’s ship management company Goodwood Ship Management.
- In March 2017, DHT acquired the VLCC fleet of BW Group. The 11 ship transactions included two new shipbuilding contracts, which represented a 50% expansion of the DHT VLCC fleet. BW Group is owned by the Sohmen Pao family and is one of the largest maritime groups in the world. The predecessor company of the group is World-Wide Shipping and Bergesen dy. Through this transaction, BW Group has become an important shareholder of DHT.