Midstates Petroleum Company, Inc. (NYSE:MPO) was founded in 1993 and is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company focusing on the application of modern drilling and completion technologies in the United States. Exploration and development of oil and natural gas resources in the Upper Basin.
Midstates Petroleum Company (MPO):
Midstates Petroleum Company, Inc., through its wholly-owned subsidiary Midstates Petroleum Company LLC, is engaged in the drilling and production of oil, natural gas and liquefied natural gas. At present (2019), the business is mainly concentrated in the Lime oil field in Mississippi, Oklahoma.
Midstates Petroleum Company, Inc.’s strategy is to reduce costs through operating activities, generate free cash flow and improve liquidity to increase shareholder value. The company seeks to achieve these goals through the following strategies:
- Carefully develop the company’s core assets in Lime, Mississippi
- Maintain a low and effective cost structure
- Utilize the company’s technical and operational expertise to increase returns
- Maintain a strong balance sheet
- Strict investment analysis on capital allocation decisions
Midstates Petroleum Company, Inc. is the holding parent company of Midstates Petroleum Company LLC, which was previously a wholly-owned subsidiary of Midstates Petroleum Holdings LLC.