McDermott International Inc. (NYSE: MDR) was founded in 1923 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas, with 31,900 full-time employees. It is a company that provides engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) for the upstream field of the global oil and gas industry And module manufacturing service company.
McDermott International (MDR):
McDermott International, Inc. mainly provides design and implementation solutions for offshore oil and natural gas projects. The scope of services can be divided into Asia Pacific, Atlantic and Middle East regions.
The EPCI services of Mike Dermot International include offshore oil and gas development, fixed and floating production equipment, pipelines, subsea systems, etc., and provide the manufacturing and installation of fixed and floating structures, pipelines and subsea system erection, offshore and Deep sea construction services.
The clients of Mike Dermot International include international and comprehensive oil and gas companies.
McDermott International (MDR) history:
- In 1923, Ralph Thomas McDermott founded J. Ray McDermott & Company Inc in Luling, Texas;
- In 1932, it moved its headquarters to Houston and provided services to the oil and gas industry through three companies controlled by its McDermott family: J. Ray McDermott & Co., Elmax Construction and Stall & McDermott.;
- In 1939, JG McMullen Dredging Company was purchased and reorganized to form Olsen Dredging Company;
- In 1946, all companies under the McDermott family were reorganized and formed into one company-J. Ray McDermott & Co., Inc.;
- In 1948, Harry F. Allsman Company was acquired;
- In 2010, McDermott International shareholders voted to spin off its government contracting service company- Babcock & Wilcox ;
- On December 18, 2017, CB&I and McDermott agreed to form and form a fully vertically integrated onshore and offshore company.