Suncor Energy (or translated as: Suncor, Suncor) Suncor Energy Inc (NYSE:SU) was founded in 1953, formerly known as Suncor Inc., changed its current name in April 1997, and is headquartered in Calgary, Canada. With 12,837 full-time employees, it is Canada’s largest and the world’s leading oil company. At the same time, Suncor Energy is also the world’s largest oil sands resource company.
Suncor Energy (SU):
Suncor Energy (SU) acquired Petro-Canada (Petro-Canada) in 2009 and acquired the latter’s assets in the North Sea, North Africa and Latin America, becoming the world’s largest oil sands resource company. At the same time, Suncor Energy is Canada’s largest The oil company is also the world’s leading comprehensive energy company. Its main business includes oil sands extraction, natural gas, crude oil deep refining, wind power, biofuels and other energy industries. The company’s business covers more than 100 countries and regions around the world.
The main products of Sunco Energy include: gasoline engine oil (widely used in new high-end cars and racing cars), diesel engine oil (widely used in high-end diesel engines of over-heavy load and large trucks), industrial equipment oil (anti-wear hydraulic oil, etc.). Applied to hydraulic systems of various high-end vehicles and equipment, heavy-duty truck dump hydraulic systems and hydraulic systems of various engineering equipment), hydraulic transmission oil (used in automatic transmission systems of various cars and light trucks and various heavy-duty cargo Various hydraulic systems and hydraulic transmission systems such as hydraulic torque converters, hydraulic couplers, power adjustment pumps, etc. of transport vehicles, crawler vehicles, loaders, and off-road vehicles), automotive gear oils (applicable to various cars, mini Lubrication of high-temperature bearings and gears in industries such as vehicles, medium-sized long-distance vehicles, medium-sized, heavy-duty, and truck axles, bearings, chassis, water pumps, motors, and high-temperature bearings and gears in heavy machinery and steel rolling industries).
History of Suncor Energy (SU):
- In 1917, Sun Company, the parent company of Sunco Energy, headquartered in the United States, started lubricant and kerosene business in Montreal, Canada.
- In 1919, Sunco opened the first Canadian office in Montreal—Sun Company of Canada.
- In 1960, the parent company Sun Company invested 250 million U.S. dollars to establish the Great Canadian oil sands project in Fort McMurray, Canada. The construction started in 1964.
- On September 30, 1967, the Great Canadian project was put into operation, with a daily output of 45,000 barrels of crude oil.
- In the 1990s, Rick George, the new president and CEO of Suncor Energy, repositioned the company as a “sustainable (renewable) energy company.”
- In April 1997, the company changed its name from Suncor Inc. to Suncor Energy Inc.
- In 2000, the company invested US$3.4 billion to expand its production capacity, and plans to reach its goal of 225,000 barrels per day by the end of 2004.
- On July 21, 2009, Suncor Energy and Petro-Canada were approved to merge.
- On January 18, 2016, Suncor Energy announced the acquisition of Canadian Oil Sands Limited (TO:COS) for Canadian oil sands company of 4.2 billion Canadian dollars.