Sompo Holdings, Inc. (OTCMKTS: SMPNY, NHOLF, TYO: 8630) was founded in 2010, formerly known as Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Holdings, Inc., was changed to its current name in October 2016, and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan , Is a Japanese multinational insurance company, ranked among the top three insurance companies in Japan (the other two include: Nippon Life , Japan First Life ), providing property and accidental injury (P&C) insurance, life insurance and financial and insurance in Japan and internationally other service.
Sompo Holdings, Inc. (SMPNY):
Loss Insurance Holding Company underwrites various property insurance products, including fire and joint fire insurance, marine, personal accident, auto commercial insurance, compulsory auto liability and other insurance products; and life insurance products, including individual and group insurance and annuities.
Sompo Holdings, Inc. also provides asset management and defined contribution pension fund management services; roadside assistance services; and nursing services, as well as home improvement services.
Sompo Holdings, Inc. (SMPNY) historical:
- In 2009, the Company merged No. 1 Insurance Japan Co., Ltd. and No. 2 Kosiya Insurance Co., Ltd., and renamed No. 1 No. 1 Kosiya Holdings Co., Ltd.
- In 2010, NKSJ Holdings Co., Ltd. was established; Tenet Insurance Company Limited was merged and renamed Tenet Capital Ltd.; Loss Insurance Japan Asset Management Co., Ltd. and ZEST Asset Management Co., Ltd. were merged and renamed Los Insurance Japan Koya Asset Management Co., Ltd.; merged Fiba Sigorta Anonim Sirketi, renamed Sompo Japan Sigorta Anonim Sirketi.
- In 2011, Berjaya Sompo Insurance Berhad merged; Nippon Sunflower Life Insurance Co., Ltd. and Koenya Life Insurance Co., Ltd. were merged, and they were renamed NKSJ Sunflower Life Insurance Co., Ltd. and Koenya Sunflower Life Insurance Co., Ltd.
- In 2013, Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Holdings (Americas) Inc. was established and renamed Sompo America Holdings Inc.; Maritíma Seguros SA was merged; Maritíma Saude Seguros SA was merged and renamed Yasuda Maritíma Saude Seguros SA; Tenet Sompo Insurance Pte. Ltd. and Tenet Capital were merged Ltd., changed its name to Tenet Sompo Insurance Pte. Ltd.
- In 2014, the establishment of Nippon Kyoya Co., Ltd.; the merger of Kyoya Insurance Services Co., Ltd. and N·K Planning Co., Ltd.; the merger of Canopius Group Limited and renamed Canopius AG; the merger of Yasuda Seguros SA and Maritíma Seguros SA, renamed Yasuda Maritíma Seguros SA.
- In 2015, it merged with Watami no Kaigo Co., Ltd. and changed its name to Sompo Care Next Inc.
- In 2016, merged Information Co., Ltd. and changed its name to SOMPO Nursing Information Co., Ltd.; merged the National Visiting Health Guidance Association Co., Ltd., Japan Xingya Risk Management Co., Ltd., and Japan Xingya Health Service Co., Ltd., and changed its name to SOMPO Risk Management and Health Care Co., Ltd.; Loss Insurance Japan Koya Holdings Co., Ltd. was renamed SOMPO Holdings Co., Ltd.
- In 2017, Sompo International Holdings Ltd. was established; Sompo Nursing Information Co., Ltd. and Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd. were merged.