Shinhan Financial Group Company Limited (NYSE:SHG, KSE:055550) was founded in 1897 and is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. It has 13,400 full-time employees. It is one of the largest financial groups in South Korea. Provide various financial products and services internationally.
Shinhan Financial Group Company (SHG):
Shinhan Bank (신한은행) is a bank headquartered in Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea. Founded in 1897, it was the first private bank in South Korea’s history and is now a major part of Shinhan Financial Group. Shinhan Financial Group Company products and services include:
1. Retail banking services : including mortgages and property rights, as well as retail loan products; on-demand, savings and fixed deposits; checking accounts, electronic banking and automatic teller machine (ATM) services; bill payment, payroll and check exchange, currency Exchange and wire transfer funds transfer services.
2. Corporate banking services : including investment banking, real estate financing, overseas real estate project financing, development project financing, infrastructure financing, structured financing, equity investment/risk investment, merger consultation and securitization, etc.; derivatives composed of securities and derivative products Services, and foreign exchange trading; working capital loans and facility loans; financial services.
3. Shinhan Financial Corporation is engaged in international capital market capital and investment activities, including: foreign currency-denominated securities transactions, foreign exchange transactions and services, trade-related financial services, international factoring services and foreign banking services.
4. Shinhan Financial Group Company also provides trust account management, credit card, securities brokerage, life insurance and asset management services, leasing and equipment financing, regional and savings banks, loan collection and credit reporting, collective investment management, private equity investment and financial systems Development services.
As of December 31, 2016, Shinhan Financial Group Corporation operated a financial service network consisting of 871 branches, 6,727 ATMs, 7 cash dispensers and 24 digital kiosks.
Shinhan Financial Group Company (SHG) History:
- In February 1897, the Bank of Seoul was established.
- In December 1918, the Bank of Seoul opened its first overseas branch in Tokyo, Japan.
- In October 1943, Seoul Bank and Dongil Bank merged to form Choheung Bank.
- In 1945, due to the North-South division of the Korean peninsula after the Korean War, Choheung Bank lost 12 branches in northern Pyongyang, Hamhung, and Haiju.
- In March 1956, Chaoxing Bank was listed on the stock exchange.
- In July 1982, Choheung Bank changed its name to the current “Shinhan Bank”.
- In 1998, Shinhan Bank merged with Donghwa Bank.
- In 1999, Shinhan Bank merged with Chungbuk Bank.
- In 1999, Shinhan Bank merged with Gangwon Bank.
- In September 2001, the “Shinhan Financial Group” was established and listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- In 2006, Shinhan Group acquired Choheung Bank (former Choheung Bank) and merged its assets with Shinhan Bank.
- As of 2013, Shinhan Group’s total assets reached 313 trillion won.
Shinhan Bank in China:
The headquarters of Shinhan Bank in China is located in Zhongyu Building, No. 6A Gongti North Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing. The registered capital of Shinhan Bank (China) Co., Ltd. is equivalent to RMB 2 billion. The chairman is Mr. Qin Canxi and the president is Mr. Kim Hae-soo. Since 1994, Shinhan Bank has established Tianjin, Shanghai and Qingdao in China. , Wuxi, Changsha, Shenzhen, Chongqing, Shenyang branches. In May 2008, Shinhan Bank (China) Co., Ltd. had obtained the “Financial Permit” and “Business License” including its branches, and officially opened its doors on May 12, 2008.