Infosys Limited (NYSE:INFY, BSE:500209, NSE:INFY) was founded on July 2, 1981, formerly known as Infosys Technologies Limited, and changed to its current name in June 2011, headquartered in India Bangalore, Silicon Valley, with 176,000 full-time employees, is an Indian information technology service company and one of the top 3 software factories in India. It provides information technology including consulting, design, development, software development, maintenance, system integration, and the foundation for end-to-end enterprise solutions. Facilities management services.
Infosys Limited (INFY):
In 1981, Infosys was founded by NR Narayana Murthy, Nandan Nilekani, NS Raghavan, S. Gopalakrishnan, SD Shibulal, K. Dinesh and Ashok Arora. In 1983, the company moved to Bangalore.
Infosys is the first Indian software company listed on NASDAQ. It has transformed itself from a technical workshop engaged in Y2K problem repair into a world-class company, providing low-cost software to large multinational companies, such as Ruipao (Reebok), Citibank, etc. Infosys services include traditional software development, maintenance and enhancement services.
Infosys has offices in more than 30 countries, and R&D centers in India, the United States, China, Australia, the United Kingdom, Canada, Japan and other places, providing business consulting, technology, engineering and outsourcing services in more than 30 countries , Mainly for large IT-intensive organizations in North America, Europe and Japan, focusing on specific markets, including financial services, manufacturing, and retail. Other products and services assist investment and distribution management, warehouse management and e-commerce. Infosys trades on the Nasdaq, London, UK and Paris markets.
Infosys Limited (INFY) History:
- In 1981, 7 people including NR Narayana Murthy (see above) resigned from Patni Computer Systems and founded Infosys Consultants Pvt Ltd. in Pune. The company’s first client was Data Basics Corporation in New York;
- In 1983, Infosys headquarters moved from Pune to Bangalore;
- In April 1992, the company changed its name to Infosys Technologies Private Limited;
- In June 1992, the company became a publicly listed company and changed its name to Infosys Technologies Limited;
- In December 2002, Infosys stock was transferred to the New York Stock Exchange from Nasdaq;
- In June 2011, Infosys Technologies Limited was renamed Infosys Limited;
- In July 2014, Infosys divested its subsidiary Edgeverve Systems Ltd.;
- In February 2015, Infosys acquired Panaya, an American automation technology company, for US$200 million.