Pfizer Inc. Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) was established in 1849 and is headquartered in New York City, New York, USA. It has 88,300 full-time employees. It is a global biopharmaceutical company mainly engaged in health products, chemical drugs, biological preparations, and vaccines. , Manufacturing and sales of health drugs. Pfizer Pharmaceuticals has three business units: healthcare, animal health, and consumer healthcare.
Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Pfizer (PFE):
Pfizer is a multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in New York, USA. Its R&D headquarters is in Groton, Connecticut. According to the revenue ranking, Pfizer is the world’s largest pharmaceutical company. Pfizer’s stock became a constituent stock of the Dow Jones Industrial Index on April 8, 2004 .
Pfizer develops and produces drugs and vaccines for a wide range of medical disciplines, including immunology, oncology, cardiology, diabetes, endocrinology, and neurology.
Pfizer’s major products include : Lipitor (atorvastatin), used to lower LDL blood cholesterol; Lyrica (pregabalin) for neuropathic pain/fibromyalgia; Diflucan (fluconazole), an oral antifungal drug ; Zithromax (azithromycin), an antibiotic; Viagra (sildenafil) for erectile dysfunction; and Celebrex / Celebra (celecoxib), an anti-inflammatory drug.
In 2016, Pfizer plans to merge with Allergan plc to reach a $160 billion deal to create the Irish-based “Pfizer.” As the U.S. Treasury Department opposed the inversion of the new regulations, which was a method of tax avoidance through mergers with foreign companies, the merger was cancelled in April 2016.
Pfizer Pharmaceuticals has cooperation and/or joint promotion agreements with Bristol-Myers Squibb and Astellas Pharma US, Inc .; has a licensing agreement with Akcea Therapeutics, Inc .; established a strategic alliance with Verily Life Sciences LLC; and Merck (Merck KGaA) ) Has a cooperation agreement with Valneva SE; a clinical trial cooperation and supply agreement with IDEAYA Biosciences, Inc .; signed a material transfer and cooperation agreement with BioNTech SE to jointly develop a COVID-19 vaccine; and Jiangsu Alphamab Biopharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Jiangsu Alphamab Biopharmaceuticals Co., Ltd) conducts clinical supply cooperation; and has research cooperation and licensing agreement with BioInvent International AB.
Important acquisitions by Pfizer Inc. (PFE):
- Pfizer was founded in 1849. The early Pfizer was a chemical company whose main business was the production of chemical products. Drugs, as a type of chemical, were also within the company’s business scope. The Civil War that broke out in 1861 gave Pfizer an opportunity for development. During the war, Pfizer provided a large amount of medicines to the Northern Army. As the war progressed, the company developed rapidly and became one of the largest chemical manufacturers in the United States.
- After the Civil War, Pfizer’s main product was citric acid. Until Sir Fleming discovered penicillin in 1928, Pfizer began to intervene in the production of antibiotics and gradually shifted its focus to the field of antibiotics. Since then, Pfizer has implemented the fermentation process. In-depth research and use of it in the production of citric acid and penicillin, the industry generally agrees that Pfizer is one of the pioneers in the development of fermentation technology.
- The Second World War gave Pfizer another opportunity for development. Pfizer was the only company that used fermentation technology to produce penicillin. It not only had a huge output and a very low production cost, but also provided a large number of relatively cheap penicillin products to the US military. , The company also used this opportunity to expand rapidly.
- After the war, Pfizer further strengthened the production and research and development of drugs, and successfully developed the broad-spectrum antibiotic oxytetracycline in 1951. Since then, the successful development of drugs such as tetracycline and piroxicam has brought huge economic benefits to Pfizer.
- In 1956, Pfizer officially entered the Greater China market and established a Hong Kong branch.
- In 1998, Sildenafil (Viagra) developed by Pfizer went public and achieved unprecedented success from Pfizer. According to statistics, four tablets of Viagra (Viagra) are taken by patients every second in the world . Because of Viagra’s great commercial success, Pfizer successively annexed Warner-Lambert and Pharmacia to become the largest pharmaceutical manufacturer in the United States. Its numerous product portfolios, scientific research and development projects, and mature over-the-counter drug business will make New Pfizer a powerful and most competitive multinational pharmaceutical company.
- On June 27, 2006, Johnson & Johnson acquired Pfizer’s personal care products business for $16.6 billion in cash.
- In 2009, Pfizer Pharmaceuticals , which has become the world’s largest pharmaceutical manufacturer, and its competitor Wyeth announced that the two companies have confirmed a merger agreement. Pfizer will acquire the latter at Wyeth’s current stock price of US$50.19 in cash and share swaps. It is worth approximately US$68 billion. After the completion of the acquisition, Pfizer’s position as the world’s largest pharmaceutical manufacturer will be further consolidated.
- October 16, 2009, Pfizer announced that it has formally completed on the Wyeth acquisition (Wyeth) is. With the approval of Pfizer’s acquisition of Wyeth by the governments of the United States and Canada, the largest merger in the pharmaceutical industry in the past decade has finally been settled. Now Pfizer’s acquisition of Wyeth has been approved by all countries.
- On April 4, 2011, Pfizer Pharmaceuticals sold the business of its hollow capsule division Capsugel to KKR for US$2.38 billion . In the same year, Peyer’s 13 Streptococcus pneumoniae-containing vaccine was developed.
- On April 23, 2012, Nestlé acquired the infant food unit “Wyeth Milk Powder” business that Pfizer purchased from Wyeth for US$11.85 billion.
- On June 7, 2012, Pfizer plans to spin off its animal health business before July 2013 and go public. The latter will be named Zoetis and sell a minority stake through an initial public listing (IPO).
- On February 1, 2013, Pfizer spin-off its animal health brand Zoetis to go public on the New York Stock Exchange, issuing 86.1 million shares at an issue price of US$26 per share, raising a maximum of US$2.2 billion (approximately HK$17.16 billion). Zoetis’ turnover in 2012 was approximately With USD 4.3 billion and 9,000 employees worldwide, it is the largest company in the USD 22 billion animal health product industry.
- On February 6, 2015, Pfizer acquired Hospira Inc (HSP), a US drug and medical device manufacturer, for US$90 per share and approximately US$17 billion.
- October 29, 2015, Pfizer said it had with Al Kin preliminary merger negotiations, if the two companies merged, would create a market capitalization of over 330 billion dollars in super Healthcare Group, more than Johnson & Johnson ‘s 278 billion dollars to become the world’s first One;
- On November 23, 2015, Pfizer announced the acquisition of health care products and pharmaceutical leader Allergan for US$180 billion , making it the world’s largest super-healthcare group. After the merger, the new company’s headquarters will be located in Ireland; however, due to the opposition of the US Treasury Department Inverted new regulations-This is a method of tax avoidance through mergers with foreign companies, which was cancelled in April 2016 .
- On May 16, 2016, Pfizer acquired the pharmaceutical company Anacor Pharmaceuticals for US$5.2 billion , a premium of 55%;
- On August 6, 2016, Pfizer spent up to US$645 million to acquire the gene therapy development company Bamboo Therapeutics.
- On August 22, 2016, Pfizer Pharmaceuticals said it was close to reaching a $14 billion acquisition of Medivation . The premium rate of the acquisition was about 30%. The successful acquisition by Pfizer also announced the offer of Merck and Sanofi for Medivation. failure.
- On August 24, 2016, AstraZeneca stated that it had agreed to sell part of its antibiotic business to Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd. for a price of US$1.575 billion plus patent licensing fees. The transaction involved three approved antibiotics and two drugs that are still in clinical trials. In the future, Pfizer will have the right to sell these drugs in most markets outside the United States. The assets sold by AstraZeneca do not include its biological anti-infective drugs.
- September 28, 2016, Pfizer completed Maidi Wei’s Medical acquisition (Medivation Inc.) is.
- On July 12, 2018, Pfizer announced that a restructuring may result in the final spin-off of its consumer healthcare business.
- On December 19, 2018, GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer merged their respective over-the-counter consumer health products businesses into GSK Consumer Healthcare. GlaxoSmithKline will account for 68% of the new joint venture. Pfizer holds the remaining 32% of the equity. The relevant transactions will be conducted in the form of shares. The joint venture has annual sales of 9.8 billion pounds (12.7 billion US dollars), surpassing Qiangsheng as the world’s largest non-prescription drug manufacturer.
- On May 10, 2019, Pfizer acquired Therachon, a Swiss biotechnology company, for US$810 million in cash.
- On June 17, 2019, Pfizer Pharmaceuticals announced the acquisition of Array Pharmaceuticals at a cash price of US$48 per share . The total enterprise value of the transaction was approximately US$11.4 billion. The purchase price was a 62% premium to Array’s closing price last Friday. The transaction was completed on July 30 of the same year.
- On July 29, 2019, Pfizer will spin off its generic drug divisions, Upjohn and Mylan , and merge. Pfizer shareholders will hold 57% of the new company’s shares, and the combined company’s annual sales will exceed 200 Its product portfolio includes Pfizer’s impotence drug Viagra, cholesterol tablets Lipitor, painkillers Lyrica and Mylan’s emergency allergy treatment EpiPen.
- In early May 2020, the new coronary pneumonia vaccine developed by Pfizer in cooperation with BioNTech of Germany began human trials.
- On September 14, 2020, Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said that it is very hopeful that the key data (new coronary pneumonia vaccine) of the later test will be handed over to the FDA before the end of October. If the vaccine is effective, it is planned to be marketed in the United States by the end of the year.
Pfizer Inc. (PFE) acquisition history:
Click to see larger picture
Introduction of Pfizer China and its products:
Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd. is a global pharmaceutical company that specializes in research. It has a history of more than 160 years. Its products are distributed in many countries. However, at the beginning of this month, it was reported that China Pfizer’s vaccine license expired and no new license was obtained. ( Portal ) message.
Since entering China in the 1980s, Pfizer has now developed into the largest foreign pharmaceutical company in China. Pfizer has approximately 9,000 employees in China and its business covers more than 250 cities across the country.
Pfizer Biopharmaceuticals has launched more than 50 innovative drugs in China. Its therapeutic areas cover cardiovascular and cerebrovascular and metabolism, anti-infection, central nervous system, anti-inflammatory and analgesic, anti-tumor, urinary, vaccine, blood health (including hemophilia) ) And many other fields. Among them are Lipitor®, Lohoxi®, Viagra®, Supushen®, Dafukang®, Xishumei®, Previx®, Sutan®, Capto®, Arnold®, Renjie ®, Beifu® and many other products are in a leading position in the market. In order for the majority of patients in China to receive advanced drug treatments that are synchronized with the world, Pfizer will further increase and accelerate the intensity and speed of the introduction and launch of new drugs in China in the future.
Consumer health products such as Sancun®, Calci® and Huifenin® under Pfizer Health Pharmaceuticals are also well-known in the Chinese market, and are favored by consumers for their excellent quality.
Pfizer has invested more than US$1 billion in China, and has established 4 advanced production facilities in Dalian, Suzhou, Wuxi and other places to produce drugs and health drugs. Among them, Pfizer Dalian Pharmaceutical Factory is the first domestic company to obtain GMP certification for the pharmaceutical industry. Pharmaceutical factory. In addition, Pfizer also has a management center in Beijing; established Pfizer Investment Co., Ltd. in Shanghai; and R&D centers in Shanghai and Wuhan.
Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Pfizer (PFE) investment:
Pfizer Pfizer is a well-deserved leader in pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health care products. Most of the products we are familiar with are produced by this company.