Hyatt Hotels Corporation (Hyatt Hotels International in the United States) was founded in 1957, formerly known as Global Hyatt Corporation, and changed to its current name in June 2009, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, USA. With 55,000 full-time employees, it is one of the top ten well-known hotel brands in the world.
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (H):
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts is the world’s top multinational hotel group. It is currently one of the top ten well-known hotel brands in the world. It manages hundreds of hotels around the world, owns and manages more than 140,000 rooms, and is known for its luxury, Comfortable and user-friendly services are well-known.
Hyatt Hotel Group is a global hotel management company responsible for the management, franchising, ownership and development of global hotels, resorts, and residences, resorts and timeshare properties.
Hyatt Hotels Group (H) Group’s hotel brands include:
Park Hyatt, Miraval, Grand Hyatt, Alila, Andaz, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Destination, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt, Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Zilara, Thompson Hotels, Hyatt Centric, Caption by Hyatt, Hyatt House, Hyatt Place, tommie, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Residences, Exhale, World of Hyatt and Hyatt Resorts (Hyatt Resorts). among them:
- Luxury brands: Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt
- Flagship brands: Hyatt Regency, HYATT
- Design and boutique hotels: Andaz, Hyatt Centric, Unbound Collection
- Basic service brands: Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt House
- Resort: Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva
As of December 31, 2017, the Hyatt Hotel Group owned 719 properties (hotel & resort assets) in 56 countries around the world, with a total of 182,913 rooms.
As of December 31, 2019, its hotel portfolio includes 913 hotels in 65 countries/regions.
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (H) history:
- On September 27, 1957, the first Hyatt Hotel Group opened, located at Los Angeles International Airport, named Hyatt House Motel, the predecessor of Hyatt Hotel.
- In 1968, the Hyatt International Hotel Group was established and IPO.
- In 1969, the Hyatt International Hotel Group had 13 Hyatt hotels in the United States, and in the same year opened its first overseas hotel, the Hong Kong Hyatt Hotel;
- In 1972, Hyatt established the Elsinore Corporation branch to operate the Four Queens Hotel and Casino, the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, and Spa & Casino brands. After Hyatt was privatized in 1979, Elsinore was spun off and became an independent public company. It also established a joint venture with Playboy Enterprises (formerly NYSE: PLA, delisted) to operate Playboy Hotel and Casino.
- In 1979 and 1982, Hyatt Hotel Group and Hyatt International respectively privatized the commercial assets of the Pritzker family and introduced two luxury hotel brands, Grand Hyatt and Park Hyatt, in the 1980s , But Hyatt is still the group’s main hotel brand.
- On September 1, 2001, Hyatt acquired Hotel Sierra, which owns 18 hotels in 10 states.
- In 2004, the Pritzker family owned all the property assets of the hotel, including Hyatt Hotel Group and Hyatt International, and merged them into a single entity, now called Hyatt Hotel Group.
- In December 2004, Hyatt Hotels Corporation acquired AmeriSuites from the Blackstone Group.
- In December 2005, Hyatt acquired Summerfield Suites from Blackstone Group ( obtained when Blackstone acquired Wyndham International ) and changed its name to Hyatt House in January 2012 to compete with Residence Inn, Homewood Suites and Staybridge Suites.
- In April 2007, Hyatt founded the Andaz brand.
- On June 30, 2009, the company name was changed from Global Hyatt Corporation to Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
- In August 2009, Hyatt Hotel Group submitted its IPO prospectus. In November of the same year, the IPO was listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- In November 2013, Hyatt Hotel Group first launched its all-inclusive resort hotel brands-Ziva and Hyatt Zilara.
- On October 28, 2015, Hyatt announced its plan to acquire Starwood Hotels and Resorts International Group (Starwood Hotels).
- On November 14, 2016, Hyatt Hotels and Bahria Town Group signed an agreement to build four properties in Pakistan with a total value of US$600 million. Properties include the Grand Hyatt Golf Resort on the Muri Highway in Islamabad, the Hyatt Golf Resort in Karachi in the town of Bahria, the Hyatt Hotel in Lahore and the Hyatt Hotel in Rawalpindi in the town of Bahria. The Hyatt Regency Karachi has Pakistan’s first 36-hole golf course illuminated at night.
- In 2018, the Hyatt Hotel Group expanded through the acquisition of Two Roads Hotels. This added the Joie de Vivre, Destination, Alila and Thompson hotel brands to the Hyatt hotel portfolio-an increase of 85 hotels in 23 markets.
- On December 6, 2018, Hyatt Hotels signed a contract with Kastrati Group to manage the MAK Albania Hotel (formerly Sheraton Tirana) in Tirana, Albania. The hotel will be named Hyatt Regency and Residences Tirana.