Schroders plc (Schroders Investment Group, Baoyuan) Schroders plc (OTC PINK: SHNWF, LSE: SDR, LSE: SDRC) was founded in 1804, has more than 200 years of experience in the world financial market, and is headquartered in the United Kingdom London, whose shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (SDR has voting rights and SDRC has no voting rights), is a constituent stock of the FTSE 100 Index, has ADRs in the US stock market, and has 30 in Europe, America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East With 4,619 full-time employees in different countries, it is a British multinational asset management company. The Schröder family controls 47.93% of the company’s common stock through fiduciary companies, personal ownership and charities.
Schroders plc (SHNWF):
The name of Schroders is derived from the Schröder family, which is a famous family in Hamburg with branches in other countries.
Schroders plc is one of the largest companies listed on the London stock market. It has a long history of nearly two hundred years. It was formerly a merchant partner bank. The founder Johann Heinrich Schroder moved from Hamburg to the United Kingdom in 1804. Currently Schroders The family still owns most of the control of the group. Since the sale of its investment banking business to Salomon Smith Barney in 2000, the group has concentrated on providing high-quality asset management services to clients through professional skills and investment expertise.
Schroder Funds provides services to financial institutions, high net worth clients, large corporations, local authorities, charities, individuals, pension plans, government funds, insurance companies and endowment funds. Schroder Funds initiates and manages equity mutual funds and manages fixed income mutual funds for its clients. The company also manages hedging for its clients.
Schroders plc invests in global public equity, fixed income and alternative investment markets.
Schroder’s alternative investments include real estate markets, emerging market bonds, commodity and agricultural funds, hedge fund funds and private equity funds. The company conducts internal research for investment.
As of June 30, 2018, Schroder managed assets worth £449.4 billion on behalf of clients (including companies, insurance companies, local and public institutions, charities, pension funds, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors).
Schroders plc (SHNWF) history:
- John Heinrich Schroeder (John Henry) partnered with his younger brother, and began to break the world in London in 1804. In 1818, John Henry Schroeder Company was founded in London.
- In 1923, Schroder Bank Co., Ltd. (Schroder Bank for short) was established in New York, USA, to provide commercial banking services.
- In 1959, John Henry Schroeder Co., Ltd. made a public offering on the London Stock Exchange. In 1962, it acquired Herebold Walker, the largest broker.
- In 1986, it officially sold the shares of Schroder Bank in New York, USA, and acquired 50% of Westminster Financial Investment Bank, focusing on the business in London.
- Schroder Group saw the privatization of the British government in the 1980s and under the leadership of Weaver Beschgov, it seized a large number of business opportunities.
- In 1984, all Schroder Group (Baoyuan) brought in income of 30 million pounds.
- In 2000, Schroder Funds sold its investment banking division to Citigroup for 1.3 billion pounds .
- From 2000 to 2003, Citi Europe’s investment banking division operated under the name Schroeder Solomon Barmis-Barney.
- In August 2005, Bank of Communications Schroder Fund Management Co., Ltd. was jointly established in China with Bank of Communications, of which Schroder held 30% of the shares, Bank of Communications held 65%, and China International Marine Containers (Group) held 5%.
- In 2013, Schroder acquired Cazenove’s capital management department for 424 million pounds.