AccorHotels (Euronext: AC, LSE:0H59), founded in 1967, formerly known as Accor SA, changed its current name on June 1, 2015, is a large French multinational company with 280,000 full-time employees (2018), operating in nearly 100 countries, the stock is included in the Paris CAC40 index.
AccorHotels under the AccorHotels is the dominant European hotel industry, with more than 3,700 hotels worldwide, ranging from the most luxurious hotels to the most economical hostels. Accor Services, a subsidiary of Accor, is also second to none in the global corporate service industry and is famous for its ticket service industry. 71% of Accor’s turnover comes from Europe, 11% of its turnover comes from the Americas, and 18% comes from other countries and regions.
As of 2018, Accor operates in 100 countries/regions, with more than 4,800 hotels and approximately 704,000 rooms worldwide. Accor owns and operates brands covering various segments of the hotel, such as luxury segments (Raffles, Fairmont and Sofitel brands), advanced segments (including MGallery, Pullman and Swissôtel brands), and mid-range segments (including Novotel, Mercure) And Adagio) and budget hotels (including ibis and hotelF1). Accor also owns companies that specialize in digital hotel and event organizations, such as onefinestay, D-Edge, ResDiary, John Paul and Potel & Chabot.
- In 1967, the predecessor of the Accor Group, the hotel investment and development group SIEH Société d’investissement et d’exploitation hôteliers, was founded by Paul Dubrülle and Gerard Perison. The first Novotel hotel opened in Lille in the same year.
- In 1974, Accor Group established the first ibis hotel in Bordeaux, France.
- In 1975, the Accor Group established the first Mercure hotel (Mercure).
- In 1980, the Accor Group established the first Sofitel hotel.
- In 1983, the “Accor Hotel Management Group” was established and began its rapid expansion in the hotel industry.
- In 1985, Accor Group established the Formula 1 hotel brand.
- In 1990, Accor Group acquired Motel 6 (Motel 6), an American hotel chain brand.
- In 2001, it became the official partner of the Sydney Olympic Games in Australia. In the same year, the group branded apartment hotel (Suitehotel) was launched in Europe.
- In 2002, Accor Group became the official partner of the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics.
- In 2003, the first Ibis hotel in Mainland China opened in Tianjin.
- In 2005, the 4000th hotel (Novotel Madrid Sanchinarro) opened in Madrid, Spain, becoming the first Novotel brand hotel.
- In 2007, on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the founding of the group, it has 4,000 hotels and 170,000 employees around the world, covering 45061 rooms in 100 countries on five continents.
- In 2008, Novotel Ulaanbaatar opened in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. In the same year, Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16 cooperating with SJM opened in Macau.
- In 2012, Wen Leli, vice president of operations of AccorHotels Greater China, and Wang Jingpo, director and deputy general manager of Hong Kong Wang’s Rensen Organization, respectively signed the “Shishi Mingsheng Pullman Hotel Entrusted Management Contract” cooperation agreement on behalf of both parties. This is the first five-star hotel in Shishi to introduce the title management of a famous international brand. The investment is 500 million yuan.
- On June 3, 2015, it was renamed Accor Hotels and launched a new trademark.
- On December 11, 2015, AccorHotels acquired FRHI, which owns luxury hotel brands such as Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel, by cash and stock, involving a total amount of US$2.9 billion. The seller is the Qatar Sovereign Investment Fund and the “Middle East Bifei” Kingdom Group under the title of Saudi Arabia’s wealthy Prince Awaled. They will receive $840 million in cash and 46.7 million Accor shares. Therefore, after the transaction is completed, Qatar Investment Corporation and Kingdom will hold 10.5% and 5.8% of Accor’s equity, respectively.
Brands of AccorHotels:
- Luxury hotel brand
- Sofitel (Sofitel)
- Sofitel So
- Sofitel Legend
- Raffles Hotels (joined after acquiring FRHI in 2016)
- Fairmont Hotels (joined after acquiring FRHI in 2016)
- Premium hotel brand
- Pullman (Pullman)
- Mama Shelter
- Grand Mercure
- Grand Mercure Apartments
- Novotel (Novotel)
- Maha Cipta
- The Sebel
- Swissotel Hotels
- Budget hotel brand
- All Seasons
- Ibis (Ibis)
- Simple hotel brand
- Hotel F1
- Motel 6
- Studio 6
Accor has sold Red Roof Inns (Red Roof Inns) in April 2007
- Le Notre (Dessert Chain Store)
- Compagnie des Wagons-lits (providing catering and accommodation services on trains in five European countries, Austria, Spain, France, Italy, and Portugal) The famous Orient Express is part of the business.
Accor’s services cover 30 million customers in more than 430,000 companies and institutions in 40 countries around the world.
The brand often represents the personnel department of these companies on trivial matters concerning employee welfare, including:
- Ticket Restaurant
- Luncheon Vouchers
- Ticket Alimentaçao
- Clean Way
- Ticket Service
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Bien-Etre à la Carte
- Worklife Benefits
- Académie du Service
- Ticket Compliments
In the same scene: the world’s top ten well-known hotel (management) groups
- One of the world’s top ten hotel groups: Choice Hotels International (CHH)
- One of the world’s ten largest hotel groups: Hyatt Hotels Corporation (H)
- One of the world’s ten largest hotel groups: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts(WH)
- One of the world’s top ten hotel groups: Hilton Worldwide (HLT)
- One of the world’s top ten hotel groups: InterContinental Hotels (IHG)
- One of the world’s top ten hotel groups: Marriott International (MAR)
- One of the world’s top ten hotel groups: Starwood Hotels (HOT)
- One of the world’s top ten hotel groups: Carlson Companies
- One of the world’s top ten hotel groups: AccorHotels
- One of the world’s top ten hotel groups: FRHI Hotels & Resorts (acquired by AccorHotels on December 11, 2015)
AccorHotels Group’s official website: accorhotels-group.com