GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP) was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Bedminster, New Jersey, USA, with 772 full-time employees. It is one of the world’s largest online foreign exchange dealers (similar to FXCM ).
GAIN Capital Holdings (GCAP):
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. is an international financial services company that has been specializing in online transactions since its establishment in 1999. In addition to other services, it also provides market access and foreign exchange transaction execution services for retail and institutional investors, and contracts for difference ( CFD) and exchange products. Jiasheng Capital was listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 2010 and also provides services for institutions such as B2B liquidity. GAIN Capital operates its own electronic communication network, including GTX for institutions, FOREX.com for currency traders of all experience levels, and Cityindex.com for CFD trading and spread betting.
Jiasheng Capital provides customers with more than 12,500 financial commodity transactions, including foreign exchange, precious metals, and contracts for difference (CFD). CFD is an investment commodity that links the performance of the following commodities, including basic commodities, indexes, individual stocks, bonds and interest rate products, OTC foreign exchange options, and more than 30 global futures trading markets futures and options commodities.
GAIN Capital Holdings focuses on over-the-counter (or over-the-counter, OTC) and exchange trading markets. GAIN Capital provides services to retail and corporate clients in more than 180 countries around the world (GAIN Capital is regulated in seven jurisdictions, including: the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan), and in New York , Bedminster, New Jersey, Chicago, Illinois, Powell, Ohio, Michigan, London, England, Tokyo, Japan, Sydney, Australia, Beijing, China, Hong Kong, Singapore and other places have offices.
GAIN Capital has acquired a number of companies since 2010. The current brands include futures provider Daniels Trading, consulting service provider Galvan Research and Trading, and spread company City Index Group.
In 2015, GAIN Capital had revenues of US$539 million and client assets of US$1.1 billion. In 2015, GAIN Capital was selected by Fortune as the 44th fastest-growing company in the United States.
As of December 31, 2015, Jiasheng Capital had 173,738 gold retail accounts.
GAIN Capital Holdings (GCAP) history:
- In 1999, GAIN Capital Group was founded as the predecessor of Jiasheng Capital;
- In January 2004, GAIN Capital established FOREX.com-an online portal designed to support customers’ transactions in the foreign exchange market;
- In May 2008, Jiasheng Capital was banned by the China Banking Regulatory Commission from providing retail foreign exchange trading services to Chinese residents through the Internet because it did not have a license, and withdrew from the Chinese market for two years;
- In August 2009, GAIN Capital submitted the IPO prospectus;
- On December 15, 2010, Jiasheng Capital IPO landed on the New York Stock Exchange to raise US$125 million, a surge of 35% that day;
- On April 21, 2011, Deutsche Bank announced that it would withdraw from the retail foreign exchange trading business and sell its dbFX customer database to Jiasheng Capital. Its customer portfolio will be transferred to FOREX.com, and the transfer will be completed on May 17, 2011;
- In May 2011, GAIN Capital obtained regulatory approval to open a representative office in Beijing. At this time, the company has branches in New York City, the United Kingdom, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and South Korea;
- In September 2012, Jiasheng Capital acquired Open e Cry (OEC) from a subsidiary of Charles Schwab Corporation and entered the futures brokerage market. At the time of the acquisition, OEC held approximately US$104.8 million in client assets and approximately 8,300 open accounts;
- At the end of 2012, GAIN Capital launched TRADE, a contract for difference (CFD) platform, and continued to operate GAIN GTX, an independent foreign exchange ECN for financial institutions and hedge funds; GAIN Capital also continued to operate AIN Securities, Inc., a company acquired in the United States Licensed brokers;
- In September 2013, Jiasheng Capital purchased the foreign exchange and derivatives trading business of Global Futures and Forex, LTD (GFT);
- In March 2014, GAIN Capital announced that it would acquire Global Asset Advisors (GAA) through majority investment. GAA is known for operating the futures brokerage company Daniels Trading;
- In March 2014, Jiasheng Capital acquired a majority stake in Top Third AG Marketing, a company that provides options-based hedging strategies to manage the risks of producing agricultural products;
- In July 2014, GAIN Capital acquired Galvan Research, a CFD consulting service company located in the UK;
- In October 2014, Jiasheng Capital announced that it would acquire City Index, a competitor in the United Kingdom, for US$118 million to promote its CFD business and expand its foreign exchange business in the United Kingdom and Asia. The transaction was completed in April 2015;
- On February 10, 2016, GAIN Capital announced for the first time that it would release its international remittance business at the end of spring-GAIN Capital Payments Ltd. (official website: ForeignExchange.com);
- On June 24, 2016, the Jiasheng Capital report showed that GTX transaction portal transactions increased by 40%, and GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. was not adversely affected by the Brexit decision.