American packaging company Packaging Corporation Of America (NYSE: PKG) was founded in 1867 and is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, USA. It has 15,500 full-time employees. Like the industry leader International Paper , it is a paper packaging manufacturer whose main products are corrugated containers. And cardboard etc.
Packaging Corp of America (PKG):
American Packaging Corporation mainly produces and sells cardboard and corrugated packaging products in the United States. The company is divided into two departments to operate: Packaging (packaging department), Paper (paper industry department).
1. Packaging ——Provide various corrugated packaging products, such as traditional packaging boxes used to protect and transport finished products; color packaging boxes, which help increase product sales; and honeycomb protective packaging products. The sector also produces packaging for meat, fresh fruits and vegetables, processed foods, beverages and other industrial and consumer goods. This department sells its corrugated products mainly through direct sales and marketing organizations, independent brokers and distribution partners.
2. Paper -produces and sells white paper, commodities and specialty papers with various characteristics (such as color, paint, high brightness and recycled content). White paper also includes letter paper, including cut-size office paper, as well as printing and document paper; and pressure-sensitive paper, such as specialty paper used to produce labels for consumer goods and commercial packaging products. The department sells white paper through the company’s own sales staff.
The US Packaging Company’s operating network consists of 6 cardboard factories, 2 white paper factories, 94 processing facilities, 9 creative design centers, 3 execution centers, 8 packaging and supply centers, 2 training and resource centers, and 1 technology The center is composed of the fourth largest manufacturer of cardboard packaging materials in the United States and the third largest printer of copyright-free free newspapers and uncoated freesheets in the United States. The company mainly operates in the United States and Canada.
Packaging Corp of America (PKG) history:
- In 1867, the predecessor of the company was established;
- In 1959, the three companies merged to form a modern Packaging Corp of America;
- In 1965, Tenneco acquired the American Packaging Company;
- In 1993, PKG became the first containerboard company in the United States to obtain ISO certification, and its linerboard and semi-chemical medium mills set industry benchmarks in quality;
- In 1995, the company changed its name to Tenneco Packaging Inc.;
- In 1999, the company changed its name to Packaging Corporation of America;
- In 2009, the American Packaging Corporation opened a new design center and production plant in Hong Kong, named: Packaging Corporation of Asia Limited;
- In October 2013, American Packaging Company acquired Boise Inc.;
- In 2016, American Packaging Corporation acquired Timbar Packaging and Display, an independent corrugated paper manufacturer located in multiple locations in the eastern United States, and Columbus Container, an independent corrugated paper manufacturer located in multiple locations in Indiana;
- In 2017, U.S. Packaging Corporation acquired Sacramento, an independent corrugated paper manufacturer located in multiple locations in Northern California.
Packaging Corp of America (PKG) has 2 containerboard mills, 94 various equipment, 2 white paper production equipment, 8 creative design centers, 11 packaging and supply centers, 2 training and teaching centers, and 1 training center.