Credicorp Ltd. (NYSE: BAP, BVL: BAP) was founded in 1889 and is headquartered in Lima, Peru. It has 33,658 full-time employees. It is a financial services holding company that provides a financial services holding company in Peru through its bank and non-bank subsidiaries. A series of financial, insurance, medical services and products. It is the holding parent company of Banco de Crédito del Perú (BCP for short, with 237 branches, 786 ATMs, 1,400 agents and 10,771 employees), the largest bank in Peru , Is also the largest small loan company in Peru.
Peru Credicorp (BAP):
Credicorp Ltd. provides financial and health services in Peru, Chile, Cayman Islands, Bolivia, Colombia and Parama through its subsidiaries. The company is divided into 4 departments to operate: Banking, Insurance, and Pension Fund (Pension Funds) and Investment Banking (Investment Banking).
- Banking sector (subsidiary: Banco de Credito del Peru (BCP)): Provides various banking services including loans, credit, credit cards, savings and demand deposits;
- Insurance department (subsidiary: Pacífico Seguros (PPS)): provides insurance for property, transportation and marine vessels, automobiles, life insurance, health, and pension funds. The company also has hospitals that provide health and wellness programs, primary and specialized outpatient services, and comprehensive acute Care services;
- Pension Fund Department (Subsidiary: Prima AFP): Provide personal private pension fund management services;
- Investment banking sector (subsidiary: Atlantic Security Holding Corporation (ASHC)): Provides corporate finance, including: structured borrowing, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions. Asset management products include investment funds, consulting, authorization, as well as the sale and trading of stocks, fixed income and derivatives.
Peru Credicorp (BAP) History:
- In 1889, Credicorp was established;
- In October 1995, Credicorp IPO was listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Lima Stock Exchange in Peru;
- In September 2009, Credicorp acquired a 77% stake in Empresa Financiera Edyficar SA (later, in October of the same year, Credicorp sold a minority stake in Empresa Financiera Edyficar SA to its holding bank Banco de Credito del Peru).