Buenaventura Mining (Buenaventura Mining Company) Compañía de Minas Buenaventura SAA (NYSE: BVN) was founded in 1953 and is headquartered in Lima, Peru. It has 1,745 full-time employees. It is a Peruvian company in gold, silver and precision Metal mining company.
Buenaventura Mining (Buenaventura Mining) Buenaventura (BVN):
Buenaventura Mining (Mining) is the largest precious metal mining company in Peru, engaged in the exploration, mining and processing of precious metal minerals such as gold and silver. At the same time, Buenaventura Mining Company also explores other basic metals, including: lead , Zinc, copper, etc.
Compañía de Minas Buenaventura operates 9 mining projects, including:
- Mining companies that hold 100% : Orcopampa, Uchucchacua, Julcani, Mallay y Breapampa
- Mining holdings : La Zanja, Tantahuatay, Colquijirca y Marcapunta
- Minority-owned mining companies : Yanacocha (43.65%, one of the most important mines in Latin America, controlled and operated by Newmont Mining ), Cerro Verde (19.6%, copper mine, controlled by Freeport McMorlan Copper and Gold )
In addition to mining, Buenaventura Mining Company also provides power transmission, engineering service consulting services (including geological inspection, design, construction), chemical processing and other businesses.
Buenaventura Mining (Buenaventura Mining) History:
- In 2003, completed the construction of the Patón Tunnel in Uchucchacua;
- In 2005, Buenaventura increased its holdings of Cerro Verde copper mine (Cerro Verde) to 18.3%, which external auditors considered to be the “parent company”;
- In 2006, celebrated 10 years of NYSE IPO;
- In 2006, Buenaventura acquired INMINSUR (100%);
- In 2006, Buenaventura Mining acquired Poracota Mine (100%);
- In 2007, the Cerro Verde Concentration Plant completed the treatment of primary sulfide ore;
- In 2007, hedging completed 50% of the position;
- In 2008, Buenaventura completed 100% hedging and liquidation;
- In 2008, Yanacocha Goldmill started operations;
- In 2008, El Brocal started processing Marcapunta Norte ore;
- In 2009, the El Brocal concentrator expanded its production from 6000 to 18000 TPD;
- In 2009, Buenaventura acquired 100% equity in the Breakampa project;
- In 2009, Buenaventura discovered the Chucapaca gold deposit;
- In 2009, the construction of La Zanja mine started;
- In 2010, the La Zanja project was put into production, processing 100,000 ounces of gold annually;
- In 2010, the Huanza Hydroelectrical and Tantahuatay projects started construction;
- In 2011, Tantahuatay started mining, processing 100,000 ounces of gold annually;
- In 2011, Rio Seco Manganese Sulfate Plant started construction;
- In 2011, the Breakampa project started construction;
- In 2012, the Mallay silver mine started mining.