Laird Superfood, Inc. (AMEX:LSF) was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in Sisters, Oregon, USA. It has 115 full-time employees. It is an emerging consumer product platform dedicated to manufacturing and selling highly differentiated products. Plant-based and functional foods.
Laird Superfood, Inc. (LSF):
Laird Superfood was founded by Laird Hamilton and Paul Hodge. It mainly produces and sells plant-based functional foods. The Laird Superfood brand is increasingly recognized and trusted by more and more consumers. The core pillars of the Laird Superfood platform are Superfood Creamer coffee creamers, Hydrate hydration products and enhanced beverage additives, as well as roasted and instant coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
Laird Superfood was founded in 2015 by friends and surfing partners Laird Hamilton and Paul Hodge. Mr. Hamilton is one of the most famous big wave surfers in the world. Mr. Hodge is an entrepreneur who has established many environmentally and socially conscious companies in the solar energy, household technology, power transportation and sports industries.
For the 12 months ended June 30, 2020, Laird Superfood had sales of US$19 million. It lost 9 million US dollars in the same period and is expected to have a net loss of 10 million US dollars this year.
Prior to listing, the only external shareholder owns more than 5% of the shares Laird Superfood is a global food and beverage companies – Danone’s corporate venture capital arm Danone Manifesto Ventures. It owns 13.4% of the company. The founder Hamilton owns 13.2% of the start-up company and Hodge owns 6.4%.
Laird Superfood, Inc. (LSF) Financing:
- On December 20, 2016, in the seed round, Laird Superfood received an investment of 375,000 US dollars.
- On January 26, 2017, Laird Superfood received an investment of US$1.5 million.
- On November 16, 2017, Laird Superfood received $320 in funding.
- On May 16, 2018, Laird Superfood received an investment of US$4 million.
- On January 11, 2019, Laird Superfood received an exclusive investment of USD 32 million from WeWork Labs (WeWork founder Adam Neumann used to surf with Hamilton in Hawaii).
- On April 23, 2020, Laird Superfood received an exclusive investment of US$10 million from Danone Manifesto Ventures.
Laird Superfood, Inc. (LSF) investment:
Laird Superfood, Inc. (AMEX:LSF) listed on the American Stock Exchange (NYSE MKT) on 9/23/2020 IPO. The planned issue price is $18.00-$20.00, the actual issue price is $22, and 2.2 million shares are issued. , Raised 48.4 million US dollars, underwritten by Canaccord Genuity/ Craig-Hallum Capital Group, joint Roth Capital Partners.