Envela Corporation (AMEX:ELA) was founded in 1965, formerly known as DGSE Companies, Inc. (formerly AMEX:DGSE), changed its current name in December 2019, and was formerly named Dallas Gold and Silver Exchange, in 2001 Changed to DGSE Companies in July, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with 50 full-time employees, together with its subsidiaries, purchase and sell jewelry and gold bullion products to individual consumers, distributors and institutions in the United States.
Envela Corporation (ELA):
Envela Corporation, formerly DGSE Companies (DGSE=Dallas Gold and Silver Exchange=Dallas Gold and Silver Exchange) is a leading precious metals and jewelry wholesaler and retailer in the southern United States, headquartered in Dallas, Texas.
Envela Corporation provides jewelry products, including bridal jewelry, fashion jewelry, custom jewelry, diamonds and other gems, as well as watches and jewelry components.
Envela Corporation also provides gold, silver, gold and silver coin medals, gold bars, art gold and trade gold ingots, as well as platinum and palladium precious metal products including US and other government coins; and coin items such as rare coins, paper money, medals, and tokens And other collectibles.
As of December 31, 2018, Envela Corporation passed 5 stores (4 Dallas Gold and Silver Exchange and 1 Charleston Gold & Diamond Exchange) under Charleston Gold & Diamond Exchange and Dallas Gold & Silver Exchange brands, and CGDEinc.com , DGSE.com, USBullionExchange.com, and Fairchildwatches.com sell its products online.
Envela Corporation (ELA) History:
- DGSE Companies was originally named American Pacific Mint Inc., was incorporated in Nevada in September 1965, and later moved to Azusa, California. The company purchased the Dallas Gold and Silver Exchange in September 1987 for an undisclosed amount. Dallas Gold and Silver Exchange continues to operate as a subsidiary of American Pacific Mint.
- In January 1992, after seeing the subsidiary’s record performance and profit growth of 19%, the Pacific Mint announced plans to move its headquarters to Dallas and rename the entire company to the Dallas Gold and Silver Exchange.
- In July 2001, Dallas Gold and Silver Exchange changed its current name.
- DGSE Companies was one of the first coin and gold and silver dealers to start business on the Internet; they established a website in 1995 to auction jewelry from their store, and later launched two websites for auctioning watches and Allow jewelry manufacturers and suppliers to sell each other directly to the public. They also set up a website to provide real-time quotes for precious metals.
- DGSE Companies’ Internet business revenue began to grow significantly in 1999; revenue as of March 15 of that year was five times that of its 1998 fiscal year.
- The successful acquisition of Superior Galleries and the success of Superior’s first auction under the ownership of DGSE caused the company’s stock price to rise by 33% in August 2007 to US$4.06.
- In April 2012, DGSE announced the suspension of its public stock trading in AMEX.
- In June 2012, DGSE closed the Superior Gold and Silver Exchange in Woodland Hills.
- In July 2012, DGSE opened two new stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area: South Lake, Texas and Allen, Texas.
- In November 2012, DGSE opened a new store in Fort Worth, Texas.
- In November 2012, DGSE announced the resumption of its stock trading in NYSE MKT (formerly AMEX).
- In 2013, a new Southern Bullion Coin & Jewelry brand store was opened in Cumming, Georgia.
- In December 2019, the company changed its name to Envela Corporation.