Lithia Motors Inc. (NYSE:LAD) was founded in 1946 and is headquartered in Medford, Oregon, USA. It has 12,899 full-time employees. It is an automobile franchisee, providing new and used car sales and after-sales services.
Lithia Motors (LAD):
Lisia Motor Company is an automobile franchisee, providing new and used car retail and services. The company’s business can be divided into three parts: domestic cars, imported cars, and luxury cars.
- Domestic car business : Owns franchise operation rights for the retail of new car brands including Chrysler , GM , Ford and other brands.
- Imported car business : owns new car retail franchise operation rights of Honda , Toyota , Subaru , Nissan , Volkswagen and other companies.
- Luxury car business : owns the franchise operation rights of new cars produced by BMW , Benz and Lexus .
As of February 23, 2018, Lithia Automobile Company operated 171 retail stores in the United States to provide 30 brands of new cars and various brands of used car sales; and through Lithia.com and DCHauto.com, more than 200 The website sells online.
The history of Lithia Motors (LAD):
- In 1946, Walt DeBoer began to engage in automobile retail business. In the first year, he sold 14 cars;
- In 1968, Walt’s son, Sidney DeBoer, inherited his father’s business and established a company, Lithia Motors Inc.;
- In December 1996, Lycia Auto was IPO and listed on the New York Stock Exchange with an issue price of US$11;
- As of January 2014, Lithia Motors has opened 92 auto sales stores in 13 states;
- At the end of 2014, Lycia Auto acquired one of the top 10 auto dealers in the United States-DCH Auto Group, and expanded the number of stores in 14 states in the United States to 139;
- As of March 2, 2015, Lithia Motors has the franchise rights to 30 auto brands and is engaged in second-hand car sales in 130 stores in the United States and two websites, Lithia.com and DCHauto.com.