Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) was founded in 1901 and is headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, USA, with 2,200 full-time employees. It is a company that provides a complete set of products for municipal, government, industrial and commercial customers in the United States, Europe and Canada. And integrated solutions (safety products and fire fighting equipment) design and manufacturing company.
Federal Signal Corporation (FSS):
Federal Signal Corporation mainly develops and deploys a series of products and solutions designed to protect people, property and the environment for municipal, government, industrial and commercial customers. It is mainly divided into three parts: environmental solutions, safety protection systems, and fire rescue. The portfolio includes sewer cleaning related products, vacuum cleaners, street sweepers, sprinklers, safety protection systems, as well as products and solutions used in the public safety market, aerial work vehicles, etc.
Federal Signal’s product brands include: Federal Signal, Elgin, Bronto, Guzzler, Vactor, Victor, Jetstream, etc.
Federal Signal Corporation (FSS) History:
- In 1901, John and James Gilchrist brothers and partner John Goehst founded the Federal Electric Company, the predecessor of the Federal Signal Company;
- After 1915, Federal Electric became a company under Commonwealth Edison;
- In 1956, the company changed its name to Federal Sign and Signal Corporation;
- In 1961, Federal Sign and Signal IPO landed on Nasdaq;
- In 1976, the company changed its name to Federal Signal Corporation;
- On February 22, 2000, Federal Signal Corporation announced the acquisition of PCS Company (“PCS”);
- On June 27, 2005, Federal Signal Corporation announced the establishment of a Chinese joint venture company-Federal Signal (Shanghai) Environmental & Sanitary Vehicle Company Limited;
- On February 29, 2016, Federal Signal announced the acquisition of Joe Johnson Equipment, including the company and trademark.