Raymond James Financial, Inc. (NYSE: RJF) was founded in 1962 and is headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, USA, with 11,000 full-time employees. It is a securities broker, securities and bond underwriting , Trading, mutual funds and financial advisory service companies.
Raymond James Financial (RJF):
Ruijie Financial Company is a holding company with a number of holding subsidiaries, including three wholly-owned securities firms: Raymond James & Associates (RJ&A), Raymond James Financial Services (RJFS) and Raymond James Limited. It has an independent subsidiary in the UK The company Raymond James Investment Services Limited (RJIS), in addition, Eagle Asset Management, etc.
Ruijie Financial Company is mainly engaged in securities brokerage, securities and bond underwriting, financial service consulting and other businesses. It also sells mutual funds and other investment products. It currently has more than 2,600 offices in the United States, Europe, Canada and the world.
Raymond James Financial, Inc. operates through 5 departments: Private Client Group, Capital Markets, Asset Management, RJ Bank, and other business departments.
- Private Client Group : Provides securities brokerage services for individual clients, including selling stocks, mutual funds, fixed income products, and insurance products; lending and borrowing stocks from other securities firms, financial institutions and other counterparties.
- Capital Markets : Provide securities brokerage, trading and research services for companies and institutions that focus on selling stocks and fixed income products in the United States and Canada; management, underwriting, mergers and acquisitions services, and public financial activities.
- Asset management : operating Eagle, the Eagle Family of Funds, Cougar, Raymond James & Associates; the trust part passes Raymond James Trust;
- Ruijie Bank : commercial and industrial loans, tax-free loans, securities mortgage loans and commercial and residential real estate loans.
- Other departments : engaged in principal investment and private equity investment activities, including various direct and third-party private equity investments; employee investment funds; private equity funds.
As of June 24, 2015, Ruijie Financial has more than 6,500 financial consultants in more than 2,600 offices around the world to provide financial services to 2.7 million customers.
Raymond James Financial (RJF) history:
- In 1962, Robert James, a stockbroker in St. Petersburg, founded Robert A. James Investments, the predecessor of Raymond James;
- In 1963, Edward Raymond founded Raymond & Associates, another predecessor of Raymond James;
- In 1964, Robert A. James Investments merged with Raymond & Associates to form Raymond James & Associates;
- In 1966, Robert James’ son Tom James joined the company and began to lead the company in 1970;
- In 1969, the company planned an IPO, but due to the bad market environment, it had to be postponed;
- In 1983, Raymond James IPO;
- In 2000, Paul Riley took over Tom as CEO of the company, and TOM continued to serve as Chairman of the Board of Directors;
- In 2012, purchased the Canadian assets of Allied Irish Bank;
- On April 2, 2012, Raymond James acquired Morgan Keegan & Company, making the company one of the nation’s largest full-service wealth management and investment banks headquartered in New York.