Ascent Capital Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ASCMA) was spun off from Discovery Holding Company on September 17, 2008. It was formerly known as Ascent Media Corporation. It was changed to Current name, headquartered in Greenwood Village, Colorado, USA, with 1,330 full-time employees. It is a company engaged in security alarm monitoring system services.
Ascent Capital Group (ASCMA):
On September 17, 2008, Ascent Media Corporation was spun off from Discovery Holding Company (owners of Discovery Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), AccentHealth, LLC., Ascent Media) and became an independent company. Previously, it has been a wholly-owned subsidiary of the latter. Ascent Capital Group conducts business mainly through its subsidiary Monitroincs.
Aisen Capital Group is mainly engaged in security alarm monitoring system services, serving more than 800,000 residential and commercial customers in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. In addition to providing these services, it also includes theft monitoring signals, fires, medical alarms and other purposes. .
Ascent Capital Group (ASCMA) historical:
- In 1999, it acquired three post-production companies: Todd-AO Corporation, Four Media Company, and Soundelux Entertainment Group (partial assets) with approximately 400 million U.S. dollars of Liberty Media stock, and established Ascent Media Corporation (AMC);
- In 2005, Ascent Media entered into a deal with Sony Pictures Entertainment to digitize more than 4,000 movies produced by the latter and its old-fashioned TV shows;
- In 2006, Discovery Holding Company (DHC) acquired AccentHealth, which was supervised by Ascent Media;
- In the fourth quarter of 2007, the DHC board of directors voted to divest Ascent Media’s stock to all shareholders of DHC’s A shares and B shares. DHC-A has 1 voting right per share and DHC-B has 10 voting rights per share;
- On September 4, 2008, Ascent Media sold 100% of AccentHealth’s shares for US$119 million;
- On September 17, 2008, Discovery Holding Company divested Ascent Media Corporation (Vincent Media Corporation), and no longer mutual holders, stocks, equity, etc.
- In 2008, Creative Sound Services, a subsidiary of Ascent Media Group, was spun off from Discovery Holding Company and established CSS Studios, LLC (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Discovery Communications, Inc.). Assets include: Todd-AO, Soundelux, Sound One, POP Sound, Modern Music, Soundelux Design Music Group and The Hollywood Edge;
- In December 2010, Ascent Media acquired Monitronics, a home security system company;
- On February 28, 2011, Encompass Digital Media, Inc. acquired Ascent Media’s global content distribution business, including facilities: New York metropolitan area, Minnesota, Burbank, London and Singapore;
- On July 7, 2011, Ascent Media Corporation merged with its subsidiary Ascent Capital Group, Inc., and the new company adopted the name: Ascent Capital Group, Inc.;
- On October 26, 2012, Monitronics acquired 93,000 security monitoring and alarm user accounts from Pinnacle Security for USD 131 million (monthly income was around USD 4.4 million).