FalconStor Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:FALC) was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Melville, New York, USA. It has 185 full-time employees. It is a network storage software manufacturer that helps companies effectively store, protect and use data and application.
FalconStor Software (FALC):
FalconStor Software, Inc. provides data protection and storage virtualization computer software, develops, manufactures and sells global data migration, business continuity, disaster recovery, optimized backup and data deduplication solutions. Products include:
- FreeStor -a software-defined platform that provides migration, continuity, protection, recovery and optimization for the storage environment through a single management interface.
- FalconStor network storage server -used for migration, storage virtualization, configuration and management.
- FalconStor continuous data protector -for bootable snapshots, zero-impact backups, and local and remote disaster recovery.
- FalconStor RecoverTrac -an automated disaster recovery tool.
- FalconStor optimized backup and data deduplication solutions -used to optimize backup, archive to tape, block and file-based deduplication and storage capacity optimization.
In addition, FalconStor Software also provides maintenance, implementation and engineering services.
FalconStor Software, Inc. through authorized partners, value-added resellers, solution providers, system integrators, managed service providers, cloud service providers, direct market resellers, distributors and original equipment manufacturers, and directly to customers Sell its products.
FalconStor Software (FALC) history:
- FalconStor was founded in New York in 2000 by Computer Associates veterans ReiJane Huai and Wayne Lam.
- In 2007, FalconStor and Chinese Academy of Sciences established a joint venture-Tianjin Zhongke Blue Whale Information Technologies Company to develop the Blue Whale file system.
- In August 2009, FalconStor and Nexsan established a joint venture brand-DeDupe SG.
- In 2012, FalconStor Software agreed to pay US$5.8 million as part of the federal investigation solution, after it admitted that its employees had offered more than US$300,000 in bribes to JPMorgan Chase ’s managers to restrict stocks and golf memberships in exchange for contracts.
- On July 23, 2013, FalconStor announced that Gary Quinn became President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO).