MuleSoft, Inc. (NYSE:MULE) was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA, with 841 full-time employees (12/31/2016). It is a software company that provides integrated software for connecting applications, data and devices .
Update : On March 20, 2018, salesforce.com , a customer relationship management platform company, announced that it would acquire MuleSoft Inc for approximately US$5.9 billion in cash and stock, highlighting CEO Marc Benioff’s push to use new technologies to enhance the company’s cloud business strength . The latter’s stock was delisted from the market on April 30.
MuleSoft started in 2006, the company initially provided middleware (middleware) and messaging (messaging), and later developed to provide companies with an integrated platform as a service (iPaaS) approach.
MuleSoft provides APIhub, a directory designed to be used as a social network for developers to share updates and information, currently covering more than 13,000 APIs.
For consumers and developers, it provides an API catalog and an interactive development environment for running basic queries. For API providers, it provides a publishing platform and various tools to automatically generate API documentation.
In addition, MuleSoft has developed Mule ESB, an integration platform for connecting enterprise applications to local and cloud, aiming to eliminate the need for custom point-to-point integration code.
The integrated product of MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform aims to combine software as a service (SaaS) with on-premise software.
MuleSoft (MULE) History:
- In 2006, Ross Mason and Dave Rosenberg founded MuleSource;
- In 2009, MuleSource was renamed MuleSoft;
- In April 2013, MuleSoft announced that it had raised US$37 million in Series E financing led by New Enterprise Associates. It was funded by new strategic investor Salesforce.com and existing investors Hummer Winblad Venture Partners, Morgenthaler Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, SAP Ventures and Bay Partners;
- In April 2013, MuleSoft acquired ProgrammableWeb, which developers use to help build web, mobile and other connected applications through APIs;
- In 2016, MuleSoft ranked 20th in the Forbes Cloud 100 list;
- In February 2017, MuleSoft applied for an IPO.
MuleSoft (MULE) investment:
MuleSoft, Inc. (NYSE:MULE) submitted its IPO prospectus on 2/17/2017 and listed on the NYSE on 3/17/2017. The planned issue price is US$12.00-14.00, the actual issue price is US$17, and 13 million shares will be issued. , Raised 221 million US dollars, stock code: MULE.