Support.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPRT), an online sponsoring company, was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Redwood City, California, with 1,231 full-time employees. It is a company that provides cloud-based software and services mainly in North America.
Support.com, Inc. (SPRT):
Support.com, Inc. is a multinational computer technology company located in the United States, providing online technical support. Support.com provides online computer support for consumers, families, and businesses in the United States and Canada through remote access. Its service is for Apple running Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Mac OS X 10.5 or later. Computers and PCs perform operations through high-speed broadband connections.
Support.com, Inc. provides:
- Nexus -a cloud-based software as a service (SaaS) solution that provides companies with automation and analysis to solve technical problems and optimize support interactions with customers.
- Technical support services -provide including computer and mobile device settings, security and support, virus and malware removal, wireless network settings, home security, and automated system support services for consumers and small and medium enterprises.
- Software products-used to maintain, optimize and protect computers and mobile devices, including: SUPERAntiSpyware, software for malware protection and removal; Cosmos, for PC, smartphone and tablet maintenance and optimization; ARO, for PC Registry cleanup and repair.
Support.com sells its cloud-based services through partners (including communications providers, retailers and technology companies), as well as sells its end-user software products directly (mainly online) and through partners.
Support.com, Inc. (SPRT) History:
- In December 1997, the Delaware company Replicase, Inc. was registered and established as the predecessor of Support.com, Inc.;
- In October 1998, the company changed its name to Tioga Systems, Inc.;
- In 1999, Radha Basu from HP took over as CEO of the company;
- In December 1999, the company acquired the domain name support.com and renamed it again to support.com, Inc.;
- Support.com, Inc. IPO on July 19, 2000;
- On March 28, 2002, the company changed its name again and became SupportSoft, Inc.；
- In 2006, Josh Pickus from Computer Associates took over as CEO of the company; the headquarters moved to Redwood City, California;
- On June 23, 2009, SupportSoft was acquired by Consona Corporation; the company name was changed back to Support.com.;
- On December 31, 2013, Support.com and Comcast signed a termination agreement during the quarterly reporting period, which will terminate the contract between the two companies, and will end Signature Support Services on March 31, 2014; this led to Support .com layoffs significantly;
- On April 1, 2014, Josh Pickus resigned his position and directorship, but agreed to continue serving as an advisor to the board of directors after leaving office.