Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, SA (NYSE: BBVA, BMAD: BBVA) was founded in 1857 and is headquartered in Bilbao, Spain. It has 131,745 full-time employees, second only to Spain Banco Santander (SAN) ‘s second largest bank.
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA):
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, SA is mainly engaged in retail banking, wholesale banking, asset management, and private banking in Spain, Eurasia, Mexico, South America and the United States. Products & services include:
1. Deposit products: including personal accounts, residential accounts, savings accounts, deposit accounts, etc.
2. Loan products: including personal loans, mortgage loans, etc., credit cards.
3. Investment products: including mutual funds, warrants, pension plans, telephone and online banking services.
4. Automatic teller machine.
5. It also provides discount lines, loans, prepaid loans, leases, leases, escrow industry, guarantee business, contingent liabilities, bond issuance services, foreign trade, excess capital allocation, cash flow management, collection accounts Payment, tax payment and social insurance payment, SME transfer services.
6. In addition, Bilbao Vizcaya Bank also provides corporate and investment banking services to large companies and multinational groups.
7. Provide loans to real estate developers and foreclosure real estate assets, as well as insurance and reinsurance services.
As of March 8, 2016, the Bank of Biscay in Bilbao, Spain had 137,968 full-time employees, 9,145 branches and 30,616 ATMs.
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) History:
- In 1857, Banco de Bilbao (Bank of Bilbao) was established as the predecessor of BBVA;
- On December 2, 1872, Banco Hipotecario (BHE) was established;
- In 1901, Banco de Vizcaya (Bank of Vizcaya) was founded;
- In 1902, Banco de Bilbao merged with Banco del Comercio;
- Caja Postal was founded in 1909 and has been operating since 1916;
- In 1920, a consortium of bankers and manufacturers established the Banco de Crédito Industrial (BCI), one of the military members of the Bank of Bilbao and the Bank of Vizcaya;
- In 1923, Servicio Nacional de Crédito Agrícola was founded under the Ministry of Agriculture to provide loans to agricultural associations;
- In 1925, Banco de Crédito Local (BCL) was founded;
- In 1929, Banco Exterior (BEX) was founded;
- In 1983, BEX acquired Banco de Alicante;
- In 1984, Banco de Vizcaya acquired Banca Catalana;
- In 1988, Banco de Bilbao and Banco de Vizcaya merged to form the Bilbao-Vizcaya Bank (BBV);
- In 1991, Corporación Bancaria de España was established as a government company and credit entity;
- In 1997, the Spanish Bank of Bilbao-Vizcaya purchased a Venezuelan local bank for US$480 million;
- In 1998, Corporación Bancaria de España, BEX (which has been merged with BCI), BHE and Caja Postal merged to form a bank-Argentaria;
- In 1999, the Bilbao-Vizcaya Bank (BBV) and the Foreign Bank (ARGENTARIA) merged to become the current Spanish Bilbao-Biscay Bank Group (BBVA);
- In February 2014, BBVA acquired the direct bank company-Simple;
- In 2015, BBVA sold a 4.9% stake in China CITIC Bank.