Ocular Therapeutix, Inc. (NASDAQ:OCUL) was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts, USA, with 119 full-time employees. It is a biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the development, development and commercialization of its bioabsorbable hydrogel platform technology Used in the treatment of eye diseases.
Ocular Therapeutix, Inc. (OCUL):
Ocular Therapeutix’s main product candidates include:
- DEXTENZA (Dexamethasone insert) for the treatment of postoperative eye pain and inflammation, allergic conjunctivitis and dry eye;
- OTX-TP (travoprost insert) is used to reduce intraocular pressure (IOP) in patients with glaucoma and ocular hypertension;
- The company is also developing OTX-TIC, which is an anterior chamber injection of Treprostinil implant to reduce intraocular pressure in patients with moderate to severe glaucoma and high intraocular pressure;
- OTX-TKI, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor for intravitreal injection, can provide hydrogel-based anti-angiogenic preparations for the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration;
- In addition, the company also sells ReSure Sealant, a hydrogel-based ophthalmic wound sealant used to seal corneal incisions after cataract surgery;
- Furthermore, the company is engaged in the pre-clinical development of its hydrogel formulations administered by intravitreal injection to solve diseases and disorders of the back of the eye.
Ocular Therapeutix has signed a cooperation agreement with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals to use its combined platform of hydrogel and macromolecular VEGF targeting compounds for product development and commercialization to treat retinal diseases.