Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (NYSE: MSGS) was founded in 1879, formerly known as The Madison Square Garden Company (The Madison Square Garden Company), and completed its entertainment business ( Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. ) in 2020. . ) was split and changed to its current name. Headquartered in New York, USA, with 2,900 full-time employees, it is a holding company operating sports, entertainment, and media businesses in the United States.
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (MSGS):
Madison Square Garden Sports (MSG Sports) is a professional sports company. Its asset collection includes the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams, including the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and Harbin Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and e-sports team.
MSG Sports is an American sports holding company based in New York. The original company was established in 2010, when Cablevision divested New York Knicks, New York Rangers, Madison Square Garden, MSG Network and other entertainment assets to become an independent public company.
In 2015, the original company split the sports and entertainment business units into separate companies and renamed the original company MSG Networks, Inc.; the name of the new company was “The Madison Square Garden Company (The Madison Square Garden Company)” .
In 2020, the Madison Square Garden Company (The Madison Square Garden Company) split again, splitting the entertainment division into Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp., and the company changed its name to Madison Square Garden Sports Company. .
Madison Square Garden Company is mainly engaged in live broadcasting of sports events and other entertainment activities. It owns and operates franchised sports teams, entertainment production and venues. Madison Square Garden Company organizes live entertainment services, including concerts, family performances and Special event.
Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is divided into two divisions to operate: MSG Entertainment (MSG Entertainment) and MSG Sports (MSG Sports).
1. Assets of MSG Sports : NBA New York Knicks, NHL New York Patrol Team, AHL Hartford Wolves Hockey Team, WNBA New York Liberty Team, NBA D-League Westchester Knicks Basketball Team;
2. Assets of MSG Entertainment : hold live events in Madison Square Garden; Madison Square Garden Theater; MSG Entertainment has the right to operate two theaters in Manhattan: Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre ); Chicago Theatre (Chicago Theatre, acquired in 2008); Co-booked Wang Theatre in Boston (beginning in 2008); Ownership of The Forum in Inglewood, California (acquired in 2012); Production of Radio City at Radio City Music Hall and venues across the United States Radio City Christmas Spectacular (Radio City Christmas Spectacular).
Madison Square Garden also has 19 restaurants, clubs and guest houses in New York City, Las Vegas, Nevada, and Sydney, Australia.
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (MSGS) History:
- In 1927, Graham-Paige Motors Corporation was still a car company;
- In 1947, Graham Paige sold all its auto assets, renamed the company Graham Paige Corporation, and began investing in real estate;
- In 1959, the company invested and purchased a 40% interest in Madison Square Garden III;
- In 1962, Graham Paige acquired a controlling stake in Madison Square Garden Corporation and merged the two companies to form the new Madison Square Garden Corporation;
- In 1977, Gulf and Western Industries bought the Madison Square Garden Company;
- In 1989, Gulf and Western Industries divested the non-media and entertainment assets of Madison Square Garden Company to become Paramount Communications;
- In 1994, Viacom (Viacom) acquired a majority stake in Paramount Communications, but soon sold MSG to Cablevision ;
- In 2010, Cablevision divested MSG assets (including sports franchise) and injected them into Madison Square Garden Company, LP;
- On September 30, 2015, it spun off its media department- MSG Networks and became an independent listed company;
- On August 17, 2016, it acquired 12% of Townsquare Media from GE Capital .