Luxoft Holding, Inc. (NYSE: LXFT) was founded in April 2000 and is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, with 12,897 full-time employees. Together with its subsidiaries, it provides software development services and IT solutions for multinational companies.
Luxoft Holding (LXFT):
Luxoft Holding is an international customized software development company with more than 12,000 employees and 41 offices in 22 countries in North America, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific and South Africa. It was established in Tortola, British Virgin Islands, with its headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, tax-paid in London, and listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Luxoft Holding’s client list includes more than 170 companies, of which more than 30 are classified as “high potential accounts”, such as: UBS , Boeing , Harman, etc.
Luxoft Holding’s main business is to provide software development and IT solutions for six major industries (finance, telecommunications, energy, automotive and transportation, technology, tourism and aviation). The products include core software, product engineering testing and technical consulting, and the content covers Software design, optimization of production lines, etc. Specifically :
Application software development, software architecture design, performance engineering, optimization and testing, process consulting and software quality assurance services; functional specifications and models, product design, engineering, automated testing, maintenance, support and performance engineering services; IT strategy, software engineering process And data security consulting services.
Luxoft Holding products and platforms include:
- Populus, a tool chain for human machine interface (HMI) design and development, and deployment of automotive user interfaces for distributed embedded systems.
- Qt Automotive Suite enables developers to create a great user experience and simplify integration with the back end of the system.
- AllView, user experience demonstrator.
- Software tools and consulting services, focusing on scheduling analysis, architecture optimization and timing verification.
- Pelux, a basic development platform.
- ARP, automotive hardware reference platform.
Luxoft Holding (LXFT) History:
Luxoft was originally established in Moscow in 1995 as the development center of an IT holding company-IBS.
- In April 2000, the development center became an independent entity under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin.
- On June 26, 2013, Luxoft’s initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at US$17.00 per common share was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, UBS Limited , Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC , JP Morgan Securities LLC , VTB Capital plc and Joint underwriting by Cowen and Company, LLC .
- After the pro-Russian riots in Ukraine in 2014, Luxoft “relocated its senior management and approximately 100 engineers from Russia and Ukraine to Switzerland.” The company has offices in three cities in Ukraine-Kiev, Odessa and Dnepropetrovsk-as of March 2014, 49% of employees are in Ukraine and 29% are in Russia.
- On January 7, 2019, DXC Technology announced that it is acquiring Luxoft.