PCM, Inc. (NASDAQ: PCMI) was founded in 1987, formerly known as PC Mall Inc., changed to its current name in December 2012, headquartered in El Segundo, California, USA, with 4,073 full-time employees, as a company in the United States and Canada Supplier operations for technology products, solutions, and consumer products.
PCM, Inc. (PCMI):
PCM, Inc. is a direct marketing company that provides technical products and services, including: servers, storage products, network products, printers and related accessories and equipment. The company also provides value-added services such as custom configuration systems, software license asset management, image management, product asset labeling and asset disposal services, as well as software value-added reseller services, custody services, cloud-based services, consulting, IT management and related services .
PCM, Inc. sells its products, services and solutions to individuals; commercial enterprises; state, local and federal governments; and educational institutions, through its sales force, field and internal service teams, direct marketing channels and data centers.
PCM, Inc. (PCMI) History:
- In 1987, Sam and Frank Khulusi brothers founded Creative Computers, the predecessor of PCM, Inc.;
- Renamed to PC Mall;
- In 1993, PC Mall became the number one mail-order distributor of Amiga computers;
- In early 1994, PC Mall to get Apple’s authorized Apple sales through its mail-order catalog;
- In April 1995, PC Mall IPO landed on Nasdaq;
- In 1996, the company launched the first two websites-macmall.com and pcmall.com;
- 1996/1997, PC Mall acquired Computability in Milwaukee and Elek-Tek in Chicago;
- In 2001, PC Mall acquired California Wareforce;
- In 2002, PC Mall acquired Club Mac in California;
- In the third quarter of 2006, PC Mall Gov, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of PC Mall, Inc., acquired the product business of GMRI in Virginia; GMRI provided IT consulting and technical solutions to federal agencies;
- In the third quarter of 2006, PC Mall acquired Ohio company SARCOM, including The Abreon Group under the latter;
- In December 2009, PC Mall acquired the assets of the converged network company Data Systems Worldwide (DSW) (now a subsidiary of SARCOM);
- In 2009, PC Mall established Small Business Network (SBN);
- In early 2010, PC Mall company established HealthDynamix;
- In June 2010, PC Mall acquired the management service company NSPI (now a subsidiary of SARCOM);
- On February 22, 2011, a subsidiary of PC Mall, Inc. acquired certain assets of eCOST.com from PFSweb for US$2.3 million . In addition, PC Mall signed a contract with PFSweb to provide various e-commerce services, including IT and customer care, To temporarily support the operation of PC Mall’s newly acquired eCOST.com;
- In 2011, the company released the onSale.com website, focusing on the daily deal of electronic products;
- In December 2012, PC Mall, Inc. was renamed PCM, Inc., the original stock code NASDAQ:MALL was suspended on January 2, 2013, and the new code NASDAQ:PCMI was activated;
- In April 2015, PCM, Inc. completed the acquisition of California IT solution provider-En Pointe Technologies Sales, Inc. through its wholly-owned subsidiary indirectly held;
- In November 2015, PCM, Inc. completed the acquisition of Systemax’s North American B2B business-North American Technology Group, including TigerDirect , for 14 million US dollars .