American Horton company DR Horton Inc. (NYSE: DHI) was founded in 1978 and is headquartered in Arlington, Texas. It has 8,916 full-time employees. It is one of the three largest real estate companies in the United States and ranked first (the top three respectively: Leopardi PulteGroup , Horton Horton the DR , Rainer Lennar).
DR Horton (DHI):
DR Horton, Inc. is a family construction company incorporated in Delaware. The self-proclaimed “America’s Builder” (DR Horton) company is the latest establishment of the three major real estate companies in the United States . But it is the fastest expansion, and it has completed the path of the other two companies in 50 years in just 30 years. Since 2002, the company has been the largest-selling home builder in the United States. Holden is ranked 194th in the 2019 Fortune 500 US company rankings by revenue. The company operates in 90 markets in 29 US states. DR Horton operates four brands: DR Horton, Emerald Homes (luxury homes), Express Homes (tailored for entry-level buyers) and Freedom Homes (active adult community).
DR Horton, Inc. operates as a housing construction company in the eastern, midwest, southeast, south central, southwest, and western regions of the United States. DR Horton is engaged in the acquisition and development of land; and the development of housing by DR Horton, America’s Builder, Express Homes, Emerald Homes and Freedom Homes in 20 states and 51 markets in the United States. Holden Company builds and sells single-family houses; and townhouses, two-story apartments and three-story apartments.
In addition, Holden also participates in the issuance and sale of collateral; provides title insurance policies, inspection and closure services, and engages in residential development business.
DR Horton (DHI) History:
- Horton was founded in 1978 by Donald R. Horton.
- In 1997, the company acquired Continental Homes for US$305 million and assuming US$278 million in debt. The company also entered the Tucson, Arizona market.
- In 1998, the company promoted Donald J. Tomnitz to vice chairman and chief executive officer, and Richard Beckwitt to president. Horton also acquired Cambridge Homes.
- In 1999, Horton acquired Century Title Agency.
- In 2001, Horton acquired Emerald Builders. The company also acquired Fortress Homes and Communities of Florida.
- In 2002, Horton acquired Schuler Homes for $653 million; in the same year, the company also acquired 300 acres of land in Arlington, Texas.
- In 2013, the company re-entered the Nashville market.
- In April 2015, the company acquired Pacific Ridge Homes in Seattle for $72 million. The acquisition includes 350 homesteads, 90 houses and 40 houses with a backlog of sales orders. Horton also obtained control of approximately 400 homesteads through option contracts.
- In May 2015, the company obtained approval from the Honolulu City Council to begin construction of a planned 11,750-household community on West Oahu, Hawaii.
- In 2016, the company acquired Wilson Parker Homes for $90 million.
- In 2017, the company moved its headquarters from Fort Worth, Texas to Arlington, Texas.
- In 2018, the company acquired Terramor Homes, Classic Builders and Westport Homes.