WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC) was founded in 1922 and is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. It has 9,300 full-time employees. Like the just introduced MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc. , it is an industrial equipment wholesale company in the United States. The largest electrical equipment distributor, engaged in the distribution of electrical, industrial and communications maintenance, repair and operation (MRO) products in North America and around the world; and original equipment manufacturer products and building materials; and advanced supply chain management and logistics services.
WESCO International (WCC):
WESCO International, Inc. is the holding company of WESCO Distribution, a multinational electronic distribution and service company located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Despite the “International” logo, almost all of the company’s sales are in the United States.
WESCO International has more than 9,300 employees, maintains relationships with nearly 20,000 suppliers, and serves more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Clients include commercial and industrial enterprises, contractors, government agencies, agencies, telecommunications providers and utilities. WESCO has 7 distribution centers and approximately 400 full-service branches in North America and international markets.
The products provided by WESCO International include:
- General and industrial supplies, such as wiring equipment, fuses, terminals, connectors, boxes, enclosures, accessories, lugs, terminals, tapes, splicing and marking equipment, tools and testers, abrasives, cutting tools, consumables, fasteners , And other MRO supplies, as well as safety and security and personal protection products.
- Wires, cables, pipes, metal and non-metal pipes; and data and broadband communication products, including structured wiring systems, broadband products, low-voltage professional systems, special wire and cable products, equipment cabinets and cabinets, access control, alarms, cameras, search Call and voice solutions.
- In addition, the company also provides power distribution equipment, including circuit breakers, transformers, switchboards, panels, metering products and bus products; lamps, lamps, ballasts and lighting control products; and motor control devices, drivers, relays, timers, buttons , Operator interfaces, switches, sensors, interconnections, as well as surge and power protection products.
- In addition, it also provides supply chain management and logistics services; and value-added services in the fields of construction, e-commerce, energy and sustainability, engineering, production support, safety and security, supply chain optimization, training and working capital.
WESCO International, Inc. serves industrial companies, electrical and data communications contractors, utilities, commercial organizations, institutions, and government entities.
WESCO International (WCC) subsidiary:
- Avon Electrical Supplies
- Carlton Bates Company (CBC)
- CCA (formerly known as Control Corporation of America)
- Communication Supply Corporation
- Conney Safety
- EECOL Electric
- TVC (MaxCell, NCTC, White Sands Engineering, Satellite Engineering Group), founded in 1952, is the oldest building material distributor
- WESCO Distribution Canada
- WESCO Distribution China
- WESCO Distribution de México
- Wesco Integrated Supply (WIS)
- WESCO SPS
- Whitehill Lighting & Supplies (Pennsylvania)
- WR Controls
WESCO International (WCC) History:
- In 1922, WESCO Distribution as Westinghouse Electric Company (Westinghouse Electric Corporation), a subsidiary set up;
- In 1994, the private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) acquired WESCO from Westinghouse;
- In June 1998, CD & R sold WESCO to The Cypress Group for US$1.1 billion . The company established WESCO International, Inc. as the holding parent company of WESCO Distribution;
- On May 12, 1999, WESCO IPO landed on the New York Stock Exchange with an issue price of US$18. It issued 9.72 million shares and raised US$175 million;
- In November 2010, WESCO acquired TVC Communications for USD 250 million;
- In June 2012, WESCO acquired Conney Safety for an unknown amount.