Stericycle, Inc. (NASDAQ:SRCL) was founded in 1989 and is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois. It has 19,500 full-time employees and is the largest medical waste treatment/management company in the United States.
Sterilization cycle Stericycle, Inc. (SRCL):
Stericycle is a compliance company that specializes in collecting and disposing of controlled substances, such as medical waste and sharps, medicines, hazardous waste, and providing services for recycling and expired goods. It also provides related education and training services and patient communication services. The company was founded in 1989 and is headquartered in Bannockburn, Illinois. It has many operating bases around the world, including medical waste incinerators in Utah and North Carolina.
Stericycle, Inc. is the largest medical waste management company in the United States, mainly engaged in the management and treatment of medical waste and other services. The scope of services covers North America, the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Portugal, Ireland and other places.
Stericycle company mainly provides services for medical institutions, such as hospitals, blood stations, pharmaceutical manufacturers, etc. Stericycle also serves a large number of small businesses, including outpatient clinics, medical and dental clinics, abortion clinics, veterinary and animal hospitals, funeral homes, and family medicine Health care institutions, body art studios, etc. In addition, Stericycle also provides services to medical device manufacturers, consumer goods manufacturers and retailers, and is also an important customer.
Stericycle, Inc. (SRCL) History:
- In 1989, Stericycle, Inc. was established as a general medical waste disposal company;
- In 1996, Stericycle became a publicly traded company;
- In 1999, Stericycle established the Stericycle Steri-Safe OSHA Compliance project and started safety and compliance training services;
- In 2003, Stericycle acquired Bio Systems. Today, Stericycle Sharps Management Service and Bio Systems are the leaders in the reusable sharps container management service industry;
- In 2009, Stericycle began to provide Stericycle Integrated Waste Stream Solutions services for hospitals;
- In 2010, Stericycle acquired NotifyMD;
- In 2014, Stericycle acquired PSC Environmental Services LLC for US$275 million to establish Stericycle Environmental Solutions;
- In 2015, Stericycle acquired Shred-it International for US$2.3 billion;
- In October 2018, Cindy Miller became the President and Chief Operating Officer of Stericycle, and became the CEO in May 2019.