Ajinomoto Co., Inc. (OTC PINK: AJINY, AJINF, TYO: 2802) was established in 1909 and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. It has 32,509 full-time employees. It is a company engaged in seasoning and food in Japan and internationally. , Frozen food and healthcare and other business companies.
Ajinomoto Co., Inc. (AJINY):
Ajinomoto Co., Inc. is a Japanese food and biotechnology company that produces seasonings, edible oils, frozen foods, beverages, sweeteners, amino acids and pharmaceuticals. AJI-NO-MOTO (味の素, “MSG”) is the brand name of the company’s original MSG (MSG) product. The company is headquartered in Chuo-ku, Tokyo. As of 2019, Ajinomoto has operations in 35 countries/regions, and its 2018 annual revenue is approximately 10.2 billion U.S. dollars.
Seasonings and Foods of Ajinomoto (Seasonings and Foods) is based on AJI-NO-MOTO, HON-DASHI, Cook Do, Ajinomoto KK ConsommÃ©, Pure Select Mayonnaise, Ros Dee, Masako, Aji-ngon, SazÃ³n, Sajiku and The CRISPY FRY brand provides seasonings and condiments; solutions and ingredients for the consumer food and food service industries; the department also provides instant noodles under the Knorr Cup Soup and YumYum brands; Birdy and Blendy brand coffee; Birdy 3in1 brand beverage powder; MAXIM products; Chyotto Zeitakuna Kohiten products; gift sets and office supplies, including coffee vending machines, tea sets, etc.
Ajinomoto’s Frozen Foods department provides Chinese dumplings, rice, noodles, desserts, siu mai, processed chicken and other products.
Ajinomoto’s Healthcare and Other division provides amino acids for various industries, such as pharmaceuticals, food and cosmetics; sports nutrition products; personal care ingredients; and sterile products, as well as pharmaceutical intermediates and active ingredients Contract manufacturing services. The department also provides Ajinomoto Build-up Film, an interlayer insulating material for semiconductor packaging.
Brand of Ajinomoto Co., Inc. (AJINY):
- Takumi-Aji (Thailand)
- RosDee® (Thailand)
- RosDee® Krua Krob Ros (Thailand)
- GINISA® (Philippines)
- Aji-ngon® (Vietnam)
- AMOY® (Russia)
- Moslaji® (Bangladesh)
- AJI-SAL® (Brazil)
2. Processed food
- Cook Do® (Japan)
- Nabe-Cube® (Japan)
- Steam Me® (Japan)
- Ajinomoto KK Consommé
- Knorr® soups (Japan)
- Knorr® Cup Soup (Japan)
- Pure Select ® Mayonnaise
- Ajinomoto Olive Oil
- Ajinomoto Canola Oil
- Ajinomoto Rice Oil (Japan)
- Rumic® Pasta sauce
- OYAKATA® (Europe)
- SAMSMAK® (Europe)
- Noodle’im® (Turkey)
- YumYum (Thailand, Indonesia, Europe)
- VONO® (Brazil)
- A&M™ (India)
- MaDish® (Nigeria)
3. Frozen food brands
- TAIPEI® (United States)
- LingLing® (United States)
- JoseOle® (United States)
- Posada® (United States)
- Bernardi® (United States)
- Freds® (United States)
- Whitley’s® (United States)
- Chilli Bowl® (United States)
- Golden tiger® (United States)
- Ajinomoto Frozen Foods (US, Europe and Thailand)
- Gyoza (France and Russia)
- Yakitori (France)
- Spring Roll (Russia)
- Various cakes (China)
4. Coffee products
- Maxim® (Instant Coffee)
- Birdy® (Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam)
5. Drink powder
- Fres-C (Philippines)
- FIT (Brazil)
- Mid (Brazil)
6. Ajinomoto Animal Nutrition
7. Sports Nutrition (Sports Nutrition)
- Amino VITAL®[PRO, Gold, Amino Protein]
- AjiPure (United States)
- Fusi-BCAA® (United States)
Ajinomoto Co., Inc. (AJINY) History:
- 1907-Saburo Suzuki established the joint venture Suzuki Pharmaceutical
- 1908-Dr. Kikura Ikeda obtained a patent for the manufacturing method of sodium glutamate
- May 20, 1909-The general sale of “Ajinomoto” (30g medium bottle is 50 yen) started (the day of establishment)
- 1912-Changed its name to the joint venture company Suzuki Store (not related to Sojitz’s predecessor Suzuki Store)
- June 17, 1917-Suzuki Store Co., Ltd. was established (date of establishment)
- July 1917-Established New York office and expanded overseas
- December 17, 1925-Suzuki Store Co., Ltd. merged with the joint venture Suzuki Store to form Suzuki Store Co., Ltd. (date of establishment)
- 1932-Renamed Ajinomoto Honpo Co., Ltd. Suzuki Store
- 1946-Renamed Ajinomoto Co., Ltd.
- On April 12, 2006, Ajinomoto acquired Amoy Foods for HK$1.845 billion. In November 2018, Ajinomoto sold Amoy Foods assets to the private equity investment arm of CITIC Capital Holdings, a subsidiary of CITIC Group.
- May 20, 2009-Ajinomoto celebrated its 100th anniversary.
- In 2010, due to intensified foreign competition, Ajinomoto began to reorganize to focus on several of its products while divesting others. The company divested its Calpis beverage division in Japan in 2012, Ajinomoto Sweetener Company (France) in October 2015, and [Amoy Foods] (China) in November 2018. Ajinomoto decided to focus on its food and biomedical divisions, acquiring contract manufacturing organization Althea Technologies (United States) in 2013, and in November 2014 it acquired frozen food company Windsor Quality Holdings, Inc. (United States), a food company Lavelli·Terrell·Smile (France) was established in November 2017.
- In April 2016, Ajinomoto merged its pharmaceutical division with Eisai and launched EA Pharma in Japan. In October 2017, Ajinomoto launched the “Global Brand Logo” to be used throughout the Ajinomoto Group.
- In December 2017, Ajinomoto announced that they had begun construction of the expansion project of the Kawasaki Plant and the construction of a new R&D building.
- In October 2018, Ajinomoto Althea (USA) and OmniChem (Belgium) jointly established Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services.
- In April 2020, The Ajinomoto Group Nutrient Profiling System for Product was launched in 7 countries/regions around the world.
- In August 2020, Ajinomoto announced its participation in the international environmental initiative “RE100” to achieve 100% renewable energy power. Ajinomoto has set a goal of achieving 100% renewable energy by 2050.