Herbalife (called Herbalife in Taiwan) Herbalife Ltd. (NYSE:HLF) was established in 1980, registered in Georgetown, Cayman Islands, and headquartered in Los Angeles, USA. It has 8,300 full-time employees. It is a company that mainly sells weight loss products, nutrition and health products , Energy drinks, sports fitness products and personal skin care products.
Herbalife’s English name: Herbalife, which means “herb life”, implements the “direct selling” model in most countries, and is one of the world’s leading direct selling companies. As of the end of 2014, Herbalife has operations in more than 90 countries and regions around the world, with more than 3 million direct sellers (non-company full-time employees).
Herbalife is the No. 1 nutritional meal replacement brand in China and the world. Herbalife meal replacement products have a market share of 91% in China and have maintained a market share of more than 80% for 9 consecutive years, far ahead of other brands.
The share of Herbalife meal replacement products in the global market has also increased year by year, and currently exceeds 35%; Herbalife weight management products have a market share of over 25% in the global market, and a Chinese market share of approximately 16%.
Herbalife provides potential solutions for the three major global social development trends-obesity, aging population, and unsaturated employment.
Herbalife (HLF) History:
- In February 1980, Mark Hughes founded Herbalife in Los Angeles.
- In 1981, Herbalife skin care and hair care products went on sale.
- In 1982, Herbalife opened a Canadian branch and introduced computer systems for the first time.
- In 1983, Herbalife entered the Australian market. In the same year, deep-sea fish oil was launched.
- In 1984, Herbalife opened up the first European market-the United Kingdom. In the same year, Schisandra essence was launched.
- In 1985, Herbalife’s new calcium+D tablets were launched.
- In 1986, Herbalife’s stock was listed on the Nasdaq.
- In 1988, Herbalife entered the New Zealand market.
- In 1989, Herbalife opened up the Mexican and Spanish markets.
- In 1990, Herbalife markets in France, Germany and Israel.
- In 1991, Herbalife’s Jinlibao went public.
- In 1992, Herbalife was established in Portugal, Czech Republic, Hong Kong, Italy and Japan. In the same year, guarana bean instant tea was launched.
- In 1993, Herbalife opened the Dutch market.
- In 1994, Herbalife opened up markets in Venezuela, Argentina, Dominica, Belgium, Poland, Denmark, Sweden and the Philippines.
- In 1995, Herbalife added markets in Russia, Taiwan, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, South Africa, Finland and Norway.
- In 1996, Herbalife entered the Greek and Korean markets.
- In 1997, Herbalife opened up the Chilean and Thai markets.
- In 1998, Herbalife added markets in Indonesia, Lesotho, Namibia, Turkey and Swaziland. In the same year, Mingyan tablets were launched.
- In 1999, Herbalife added (expanded) the Mexican and Spanish markets. In the same year, Herbalife cosmetics series was launched.
- In 2000, Herbalife added markets in Cyprus, Panama and Ireland. In the same year, Raspberry Treasure went public and the founder Mark Hughes passed away.
- In 2001, Herbalife added the Colombian, Chinese and Croatian markets.
- In 2002, Herbalife was established in Latvia, Ukraine and Macau. In the same year, fat burning tablets were launched.
- In April 2003, former Walt Disney CEO Michael O. Johnson joined the company as CEO.
- In 2003, Herbalife was established in Estonia, Singapore and Lithuania. In the same year, fat burning beauty yellow tablets were launched.
- In 2004, Herbalife established the Bolivian market. In the same year, garden vegetable and fruit nutrition tablets, Radiant C moisturizer (SPF 15), Radiant C scrub cleanser, herbal aloe hair gel, herbal aloe hand cream and herbal aloe bath soap were launched.
- On December 16, 2004, Herbalife IPO, landed on the New York Stock Exchange, and issued 14.5 million shares at an issue price of US$14.
- In 2005, Herbalife opened the Hungarian market and opened its first direct store in Qingdao, China. In the same year, NouriFusion skin care series, weight management series, core nutrition combination and Liftoff effervescent tablets were launched.
- In 2006, Herbalife added markets in Peru, Malaysia and Costa Rica. In the same year, the skin renewing essence series was launched.
- In 2007, Herbalife’s Salvador and Zambia markets were established. Soft Green personal care products are launched in Brazil. H30 sports drinks and children’s protein mixed drinks were launched.
- In 2008, Herbalife entered the markets of Romania, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Ecuador. In the same year, aloe nutritional powder and compound dietary fiber powder products were launched.
- In 2009, Herbalife added Paraguay and Vietnam markets.
- In 2010, Herbalife opened up the world’s 73rd market-Aruba and 74th market Bulgaria. In the same year, Herbalife reached a sponsorship agreement with FC Barcelona and Messi.
- In 2011, Herbalife opened its 79th market in the world-Ghana.
- In 2012, Herbalife opened up markets in Slovenia and Uruguay.
- May 7, 2014, Herbalife announced a partnership with Bank of America Merrill Lynch (Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Bank of America subsidiary, the main investment banking) reached an agreement to repurchase 266 million dollars in stock.
- At present, Herbalife has been sold in more than 90 countries, and has opened more than 100 specialty stores and service outlets in China.
Obesity, healthy aging and unsaturated employment have become the three major trends affecting global development. Herbalife has unique advantages in responding to these three trends. It is the combination of all these characteristics, coupled with its high-quality products, wide market distribution, and market plan that make Herbalife unique and outstanding. Herbalife is committed to becoming the most trusted nutrition and weight management company in the world. By 2020, Herbalife will become the world’s largest direct selling company.
Herbalife Herbalife (HLF) investment:
As Herbalife HLF said, its products conform to the needs of the times and provide perfect solutions for obese, aging and unemployed people. The current valuation is also very cost-effective. It is recommended to follow & hold.