Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE:RGC) was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, with 25,359 full-time employees. It is the largest chain cinema company in the United States (in 2016, itacquired Carmikefrom AMC Entertainment, a subsidiary of Wanda Group).After Cinemas, it has surpassed Junhao Entertainment to become the largest cinema operator in the United States).
Regal Entertainment (RGC):
Regal Entertainment Group (RGC.US) mainly engages in film screenings in the United States through its subsidiaries. It mainly develops, acquires and operates multi-screen theaters in medium-sized cities and developing suburban areas in metropolitan areas. The brands of Regal Entertainment include : Regal Cinemas, United Artists, Edwards, Great Escape Theatres and Hollywood Theaters.
As of March 7, 2017, Sovereign Entertainment has 561 theaters in the 42 states of the United States and Guam, Saipan, American Samoa, and the District of Columbia, with a total of 7,267 theaters.
Regal Entertainment (RGC) History:
- In 1989, Regal Cinemas was established in Tennessee;
- In the mid-1990s, Sovereign Cinema acquired several small companies, including: Cobb Theatres, RC Theatres, National Theatre Corp., etc.;
- In 1998, Regal Cinemas acquired Act III Theatres;
- In 2001, Sovereign applied for bankruptcy protection in accordance with Article 11 of the Bankruptcy Law due to excessive expansion and operating difficulties;
- On September 30, 2004, Sovereign Entertainment acquired Signature Theatres;
- In 2004, Regal acquired the US assets of Hoyts Cinemas;
- In April 2005, Regal Entertainment acquired Eastern Federal;
- In 2007, Regal sold Fandango to Comcast ;
- On May 1, 2008, Regal Entertainment Group completed the acquisition of Consolidated Theatres for US$210 million;
- In February 2013, Regal acquired Hollywood Theaters (which owns 46 theaters).
Regal Entertainment (RGC) investment:
Similar companies: AMC Entertainment , Sovereign entertainment , Carmack Cinema , Cinemark Theaters .