Koss Corporation (NASDAQ: KOSS) was founded in 1953 and is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. It has 31 full-time employees. It is a stereo headset, audio speaker and related accessories company and the second largest headphone company in the United States (market value only 16 million, showing that the industry is in depression).
Goss Electronics Koss Corporation (KOSS) US stock encyclopedia:
Koss Corporation is mainly engaged in the design, manufacturing and sales of stereo headsets, audio/video speakers and related accessories. The company’s products are marketed worldwide under the brand “Koss”.
Goss electronics sales channels include: national retailers, international distributors, audio specialty stores, networks, direct mail catalogs, regional department store chains, discount stores, grocery stores, electronics retailers, military exchange stores, prisons, school systems, and others manufacturer.
Koss Corporation (KOSS) History:
- In 1953, John C. Koss founded JC Koss Hospital Television Rental Company, the predecessor of Koss Corporation;
- In 1985, KOSS entered Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection procedures;
- In 1991, as an independent company, Koss Audio & Video Electronics began to engage in the manufacturing and sales of consumer electronics products, with more than 75% of the shares of the Koss family holding company;
- In 1991, Michael J. Koss, son of John C. Koss, took over as chairman of the company’s CEO and board of directors;
- In December 2009, Sujata Sachdeva, the former vice president of finance, was charged with wire fraud after he was found to have embezzled $34 million. Sujata Sachdeva was sentenced to 11 years in prison by the Federal Prison. He finally served 7 years in prison and was released in 2017.