Energizer Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:ENR) was established in Missouri in 1896 and is headquartered in Missouri, USA, with 4,800 full-time employees. It is the world’s largest manufacturer of batteries and portable lighting equipment, and its products are sold worldwide In 175 countries, the main competitor is Duracell (merged with Gillette in 1996 and acquired by Procter & Gamble together with Gillette in 2005 ).
Energizer Holdings (ENR):
Energizer Holdings is the world’s largest battery manufacturer, manufacturing, marketing, and distributing residential batteries, special batteries and lighting products worldwide. Energizer Holdings provides lithium batteries, alkaline batteries, carbon-zinc batteries, zinc-air batteries, and nickel metal cyanide Chemicals, silver oxide batteries, hearing aid batteries, the main rechargeable battery brands: Energizer, Eveready; in addition, there are also headlights, lanterns, children’s lighting and area lighting, and flashlights under the brands Hard Case, Dolphin and WeatherReady.
Energizer Holdings (ENR) history:
- The company mainly inherited the assets of the original Eveready Battery Company;
- In 1980, Eveready Alkaline Power Cell was renamed Energizer;
- In 1986, Eveready Battery Company was sold to a food processing company-Ralston Purina;
- In 2000, Ralston divested Eveready and listed it on the New York Stock Exchange and changed its name to Energizer Holdings, Inc.;
- In October 2007, Energizer Holdings acquired Playtex Products, Inc. for US$1.9 billion;
- In 2009, acquired the shaving gel brand Edge (now Edgewell Personal Care , NYSE: EPC) and Skintimate from SC Johnson & Son ;
- In October 2010, it acquired American Safety Razor;
- On July 31, 2013, Energizer acquired 3 brands including Stayfree, Carefree and ob from Johnson & Johnson for US$185 million ;
- On April 30, 2014, Energizer announced that it would split the company into two independently listed public companies before September 2015-the family business company (ie Energizer Holdings) and the personal care business company (now Edgewell Personal Care ) ；
- On July 1, 2015, Energizer split up its personal care business to form Edgewell Personal Care Company (NYSE:EPC) and listed on the New York Stock Exchange.