Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ: SBUX, Hong Kong Stock Exchange: 4337) was founded in 1971 and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with 291,000 employees worldwide. It is the world’s largest coffee chain and the world’s leading specialty coffee shop. Coffee retailer, roaster and brand owner.
Starbucks Corporation (SBUX):
Starbucks Corporation (Starbucks Corporation, referred to as: Starbucks) is a multinational coffee shop chain in the United States and the world’s largest coffee shop chain. Its founder is Howard Schultz. Its birthplace and headquarters are in Seattle, Washington. In addition to coffee, there are also tea and other beverages, as well as sandwiches, pastries and other snack foods.
Founded in 1971, Starbucks initially only specialized in coffee beans. After transforming into the current business model, Starbucks began to exhibit stores quickly and became one of the symbols of American life. Some stores even formed alliances with supermarkets, bookstores and other different industries. Store operations.
Starbucks’ retail products include more than 30 top-class coffee beans in the world, hand-made espresso and a variety of coffee hot and cold beverages, fresh and delicious all kinds of pastries, as well as a wide variety of coffee machines, coffee cups and other commodities. Starbucks produces and sells bottled Frappuccino coffee beverages, ice shake double espresso and ice cream with joint venture partners, and produces and sells Starbucks coffee and cream liqueurs in convenient locations other than retail stores through marketing and distribution agreements, and continues to expand New products and brands such as Taishu Tea and Starbucks Music CD.
Starbucks’ brands include : Starbucks, Teavana, Tazo, Seattle’s Best Coffee, Evolution Fresh, La Boulange, Ethos, Frappuccino, Starbucks Reserve, Princi, Starbucks Doubleshot, Starbucks Refreshers and Starbucks VIA.
- As of November 3, 2016, Starbucks has opened 25,085 stores in 65 countries around the world.
- As of November 2018, Starbucks has entered 148 cities in Mainland China, and the total number of stores has exceeded 3,500; as of the first half of 2018, the top 12 cities in terms of number of stores were Shanghai (663 stores) and Beijing (283 stores) ), Hangzhou (196), Suzhou (171), Shenzhen (147), Guangzhou (145), Chengdu (123), Nanjing (99), Ningbo (95), Wuhan (93), Tianjin (90 stores) and Chongqing (64 stores). Shanghai has surpassed New York in 2017 to become the city with the most Starbucks stores in the world.
- As of December 31, 2018, Starbucks has opened 27,339 branches in 75 countries around the world. There are 13,275 branches directly operated by the company, and more than 14064 franchise branches.
- As of April 25, 2019, Starbucks has opened approximately 30,000 stores worldwide.
Starbucks Corporation (SBUX) History:
- In 1971, English teacher Jerry Baldwin (Jerry Baldwin), history teacher Zev Siegel (Zev Siegel) and writer Gordon Bowker (Gordon Bowker) collaborated to open the first Starbucks. The three of them opened a store under the influence of Alfred Peet’s Peet’s Coffee, founded in Berkeley, California. The first Starbucks store was located next to Pike Place Market, a fish market in downtown Seattle. It mainly sold high-quality coffee beans and coffee equipment (this store still exists today). In the first year of opening, they bought green coffee beans from Pete, and then they bought them directly from the coffee beans producing area. Starbucks only has 6 stores in Seattle and only sells coffee beans. The name “Starbucks” comes from an extremely calm and charismatic first mate in the novel “Moby Dick” by American writer Melville. His hobby is coffee
- In 1982, Howard Schultz (Howard Schultz) joined Starbucks and served as Director of Marketing and Retail
- In 1987, Howard Schultz raised funds to buy Starbucks. Since then, he opened the first store selling drip coffee and espresso drinks. He made Starbucks an American version of the Italian coffee house
- In 1992, Starbucks successfully listed on NASDAQ in New York
- On August 2, 1996, Starbucks officially entered the world and opened its first overseas coffee shop in Ginza, Tokyo .
- In March 1998, Starbucks entered Taiwan, China
- In January 1999, Starbucks entered mainland China and opened its first store in mainland China in Beijing International Trade Center
- In 1999, Starbucks purchased the Tazo brand for US$8.1 million
- In May 2000, Starbucks entered Hong Kong, China
- In August 2002, entered Macau, China
- In 2005, Starbucks established its China headquarters in Shanghai
- In February 2006, Starbucks had more than 9,000 chain stores worldwide
- In 2009, Starbucks launched the instant coffee Via, which achieved global sales of US$100 million in just 10 months and established more than 40,000 sales outlets
- In November 2011, Starbucks acquired the juice manufacturer Evolution Fresh Inc. for $30 million.
- On June 5, 2012, Starbucks acquired the La Boulange Bakery brand from investment group Next World Group for US$100 million in cash
- On November 9, 2012, the first Tazo tea shop opened in Seattle
- On November 14, 2012, Starbucks acquired the high-end tea group Teavana for US$620 million in cash
- On January 3, 2013, Starbucks stated that it was preparing to authorize Maxim’s Group to open its first Starbucks coffee shop in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam in February of that year.
- In July 2013, coffee and beverage giant Starbucks will join forces with France’s Danone Group to create a cheese brand and enter the grocery market
- On September 23, 2014, Starbucks acquired 60.5% of its Japanese business for approximately US$913 million, including acquiring 39.5% of its shares from its partner Sazaby League, valued at US$505 million; and acquiring the remaining 21% from public shareholders. , Involving US$408 million, all transactions are expected to be completed in the first half of 2015
- On August 10, 2014, Malaysia Cheng Kung Foods announced earlier that it had reached an equity sale and purchase agreement (SPA) with Starbucks Coffee International to acquire the remaining 50% equity of Malaysia Cheng Kung Starbucks Sdn Bhd for approximately RM279.51 million.
- On July 27, 2017, Starbucks announced that it would close its 379 tea brand Teavana retail stores.
- On May 8, 2018, Nestlé and Starbucks entered into a global coffee alliance. Nestlé will acquire the right to retail and distribute Starbucks branded packaging products in global markets other than Starbucks for US$7.15 billion in cash