Callaway Golf Company (Callaway Golf Company) Callaway Golf Company (NYSE: ELY) was founded in 1982 and is headquartered in Carlsbad, California. It has 1,700 full-time employees. It is a well-known golf equipment company in the United States, together with its subsidiaries. , Manufacturing and selling golf clubs, golf balls, golf bags and other golf-related accessories.
Callaway Golf Company (ELY):
Callaway Golf Company is an American global sporting goods company that designs, manufactures, distributes and sells golf equipment, golf accessories and golf lifestyle related products in more than 100 countries around the world. This American company is located in Carlsbad, California The company is the world’s largest manufacturer of golf clubs.
Callaway Golf sells its products through golf retailers and sporting goods retailers, mass merchants, online, and through its second-hand and transaction service platforms. Callaway Golf Company authorizes the names, trademarks and service marks of its golf lifestyle products, including: golf apparel, golf shoes, golf bags, headwear, watches, rangefinders, practice aids and travel equipment.
Callaway Golf also sells golf products under the Odyssey (putting brand, acquired in 1997), Strata and Ben Hogan (acquired from the golf division of the bankrupt Spalding in 2003).
Carloway Golf’s products include:
- Driving woods, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, short-cut cues, putters.
- Design and sell golf accessories, such as packaging sets, golf bags, golf gloves, golf shoes, golf apparel, suitcases/bags, hats, towels, umbrellas, glasses and other accessories. The product sales brands are Callaway Golf, Odyssey, Strata.
- Authorize trademarks and service marks of its golf accessories, such as golf apparel and shoes, golf gloves, umbrellas, glasses for myopia, auxiliary training equipment, etc.
Karlovy Golf sells its products directly to golf retail stores, sporting goods retail stores, and mass merchandise stores, and has set up third-party distributors in the United States and more than 100 countries around the world. Callaway Golf also sells second-hand golf products through the website callawaygolfpreowned.com; consumers can also directly purchase Callaway Golf and Odyssey brand products through the websites callawaygolf.com and odysseygolf.com.
Callaway Golf Company (ELY) History:
- In 1982, the company was founded by former Burlington Industries president Ely Callaway Jr., in the same year, Hickory Sticks were purchased and renamed Callaway Hickory Stick USA.;
- In February 1992, Callaway Golf IPO landed on the New York Stock Exchange, raising US$250 million;
- In 1997, Callaway Golf acquired the Odyssey brand from Tommy Armour Golf;
- In 2003, Callaway Golf won a bid with Adidas to acquire Top-Flite Golf and its Ben Hogan Golf division;
- On April 4, 2012, Callaway sold the Top-Flite brand to Dick’s Sporting Goods, claiming a decline in sales.