Adecco Group AG (OTC PINK: AHEXY, AHEXY, SIX: ADEN, Euronext: ADE) was founded in 1957, formerly known as Adecco SA. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, with 34,000 full-time employees, it is the world’s largest human resources company ( Randstad and ManpowerGroup are ranked second and third respectively ), together with its subsidiaries, provide labor solutions for companies and organizations around the world.
Adecco Group AG (AHEXY):
Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, Adecco Group is the world’s largest human resources service company and a Fortune Global 500 company. The Adecco Group has more than 34,000 FTE employees and approximately 5,200 branches in more than 60 countries and regions around the world, providing various services, including temporary staffing, permanent placement, career transformation and talent development, as well as outsourcing and consulting.
The main markets of the Deco Group are France, North America, the United Kingdom and Ireland, Japan, Germany, Austria, Italy, Benelux, Northern Europe, Iberia, Australia, New Zealand, and Switzerland.
The new company was established in 1996 by the merger of the French company Ecco and the Swiss company Adia Interim, and is listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange (ADEN, ISIN CH0012138605).
Adecco Group is the parent company of many brands, including: Adecco Staffing, Euro Engineering, Modis, Spring Professional, Badenoch & Clark, Pontoon and Lee Hecht Harrison.
Deco Group’s services include:
- The company provides temporary staffing, permanent placement and outsourcing services for clerical and support personnel in the field of office employment; provides blue-collar job profile candidates in various industries and service industries under the Adecco brand; provides hospitality and online staffing platforms under the Adia brand.
- The company also provides professional staffing services for information technology, engineering and technology business, finance and law, and medical and scientific business lines under the Badenoch & Clark, Modis, Spring Professional and YOSS brands.
- In addition, the company also provides hosting services and recruitment process outsourcing solutions under the Pontoon brand; provides career transformation services under the Lee Hecht Harrison brand; provides leadership training, career development plans, evaluation and feedback tools, and change management support under the Lee Hecht Harrison brand And other talent development services.
As of December 31, 2017, Adecco Group AG operated approximately 5,200 branches in 60 countries and regions.
Adecco Group AG (AHEXY) History:
- 1996: Personnel services companies Ecco and Adia Interim merge to form a global company with annual revenue of 5.4 billion euros. The operations are combined to form a network of 2,500 branches.
- 2000: The Adecco Group acquired Olsten Staffing and became the largest recruitment company in the United States. The combined company’s total revenue reached 11.6 billion euros.
- 2002: The Adecco Group integrates its business and creates a department to manage its business.
- 2005: Adecco Group expanded the six professional business lines defined by the career field, and now provides all services under one name.
- 2006: After acquiring the German DIS AG, Dieter Scheiff became the CEO of the Adecco Group. Dominik de Daniel becomes chief financial officer.
- 2007: The Annual General Meeting of Shareholders approved the nomination of former Vice Chairman Jürgen Dormann as Chairman of the Board of Directors. Rolf Dörig becomes vice chairman. Klaus J. Jacobs, co-founder of Adecco, retires.
- September 11, 2008: Klaus J. Jacobs, founder and honorary chairman of the Adecco Group, passed away. Jürgen Dormann resigned as chairman of the board at the end of the year.
- 2009: Rolf Dörig becomes Chairman of the Adecco Group Board of Directors. On June 1, Patrick De Maeseneire took over from Dieter Scheiff as CEO of Adecco Group. The Adecco Group acquired the Spring Group in the UK and provided an offer for the MPS Group.
- 2010: Deco completed the acquisition of MPS Group. Adecco Group and Fesco, a Chinese human resources service company, established a joint venture in Shanghai.
- 2011: FESCO Adecco started operations on January 1. Adecco Group announced the acquisition of Drake Beam Morin, Inc. headquartered in the United States.
- 2012: The Adecco Group acquired VSN Inc., a Japanese professional service provider. Henri-Ferdinand Lavanchy, the founder of Adia, has passed away.
- 2014: The Adecco Group acquired OnForce to expand its Beeline service offerings and create a unique integrated solution for managing temporary employees. The Jacobs Group sold the majority of its 18% stake in Adecco Group.
- On March 11, 2015, The Adecco Group acquired Knightsbridge Human Capital Solutions, which is a market leader in Canadian career transformation, talent and leadership development, and recruitment services. On September 1 of the same year, Alain Dehaze took over as Patrick De Maeseneire as CEO of Adecco Group.
- On May 10, 2016, Adecco Group completed the acquisition of Penna Consulting Plc, a British company that provides career transformation and talent development services and recruitment solutions. This acquisition complements Lee Hecht Harrison organically.