EVO Payments, Inc. (NASDAQ: EVOP) was founded in 1989, formerly known as EVO Payments International, LLC. It was changed to its current name on April 20, 2017. It is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA and has 2,200 full-time employees (3/ 31/2019), is a business procurement and processing solution for North American and European merchants, independent software vendors, financial institutions, independent sales organizations, government organizations and multinational companies.
EVO Payments, Inc. (EVOP):
EVO Payments is a global merchant acquirer and payment processor that provides services to approximately 525,000 merchants in North America and Europe. It processes more than 900 million transactions in North America and 1.7 billion transactions in Europe each year. With its business footprint in 50 markets and 130 currencies worldwide, EVO Payments International has also become one of the world’s largest fully integrated merchant acquirers and payment processors. The company continues to evaluate the possibility of expanding its global footprint.
EVO Payments operates in the center of global e-commerce, with local business departments in 10 countries, and can provide services to 50 markets around the world through its three proprietary market processing platforms, which are connected by a single integration point. EVO Payments differentiates itself from its competitors in the following ways :
1. High-productivity and large-scale sales and distribution network, including exclusive referral partnerships with global financial institutions.
2. Three proprietary market processing platforms.
3. A comprehensive set of payment and business solutions.
EVO Payments believes that these points of differentiation enable the company to achieve strong organic growth, increase market share, and attract more financial institutions, technology and other strategic partnerships.
EVO Payments is one of only four global merchant acquirers (global merchant acquirers) and has an advantageous position in some of the most attractive markets in the world, including the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe. The global influence of EVO Payments makes it stand out from many competitors with limited international business.
According to The Nilson Report, the United States is one of the world’s largest payment markets. In 2016, the card transaction volume reached approximately US$5.1 trillion, and it is expected to grow by 6.8% annually in the next 10 years. The competitive landscape in the US market is changing. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are increasingly looking to adopt advanced integrated point-of-sale or IPOS systems to manage all parts of their business, including helping them accept electronic payments. In the transition to the US market, EVO Payments further contributed to the company’s success through its scale and strategic distribution relationships with independent software vendors (ISVs), IPOS resellers and e-commerce gateway vendors.
Internationally, EVO Payments has entered high-growth markets throughout Europe and Latin America, both of which are supported by favorable industry trends, such as credit and debit cards per capita that have not yet reached the penetration level of the United States. The Nielsen report predicts that the global bank card transaction volume will increase from US$21 trillion in 2016 to US$52 trillion in 2026, and the number of global bank card transactions will increase to 767 billion by 2026. Distribution channels of international financial institutions are a key component of EVO Payments’ development strategy. The exclusive referral relationship between the company and major banking partners in these regions is an obstacle for other companies to enter this industry. The company believes that it is expected to achieve a planned growth rate. Exceed the expected industry growth rate.
Specific services of EVO Payments include :
1. EVO Payments provides POS terminals and fully integrated software solutions; acquisition and payment transaction processing services; and fraud and loss prevention services.
2. EVO Payments also provides various services, such as accelerated collection, prepayment for future transactions, cash back, check guarantee, dynamic currency exchange, dynamic transaction reference, gift and loyalty programs, prepaid cards, pre-litigation reminders, receivables Account management and tax-free services.
EVO Payments, Inc. (EVOP) History:
- In 1989, EVO Payments International was established.
- In 2009, entered the Canadian market.
- In 2012, EVO Payments acquired PowerPay.
- In 2012, established a cooperative relationship with Madison Dearborn.
- In 2012, it established a joint venture with BancoPopular in Spain.
- In 2013, EVO Payments acquired Deutsche Card Services.
- In 2013, EVO acquired EVO Snap Technology.
- In 2013, EVO Payments acquired Encore Payments Group.
- In 2013, established an alliance with Poland PKO Bank Polski.
- In 2014, EVO Payments acquired a controlling stake in Eservice.
- In 2014, established a long-term cooperative relationship with Bank of Ireland.
- In 2015, EVO Payments acquired POS Transact from Postbank Germany.
- In 2015, EVO established a strategic alliance with Raiffeisenbank.
- In 2015, EVO Payments acquired Citi ‘s Merchant Acquiring Business in Mexico.
- In 2016, it acquired Intelligent Payments Group.
- In 2017, EVO Payments acquired Sterling Payment Technologies.
- In 2017, after 13 years of cooperation, EVO Payments intends to acquire Vision Payment Solutions.
- In 2017, it acquired Zenith Merchant Services.
- In 2017, Banco Sabadell established a long-term cooperative relationship with EVO Payments.
- In 2017, EVO Payments and LiberBank SA established a new card acceptance alliance.
- In 2018, MONETA Money Bank and EVO Payments established a long-term cooperative relationship.
EVO Payments, Inc. (EVOP) investment:
EVO Payments, Inc. (NASDAQ:EVOP) submitted its IPO prospectus on 4/25/2018 and listed on Nasdaq on 5/23/2018 with an issue price of US$16.00, 14 million shares issued, and a fund-raising of US$224 million.