Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK) was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in New York, New York, USA, with 1,130 full-time employees. It is a commercial image trader, providing content products and services in more than 100 countries around the world, providing more than 10 Language services. Shutterstock is the world’s largest company that downloads pictures through a membership program. The company’s collection includes a large number of high-quality pictures, illustrations and vector graphics, and provides a series of innovative membership programs that are easy to use for users. All of these make Shutterstock a global player. More and more customers are a trusted supplier.
Shutterstock is the world’s leading technology company, providing a creative platform involving high-quality resources, tools and services. Shutterstock’s image portfolio includes Bigstock (value-oriented stock media agency), Shutterstock Custom (custom content creation platform), Offset (high-end image selection), PremiumBeat (selected royalty-free music library), and Rex Features (for global The media provides high-quality sources for editing pictures).
The US Shutterstock company provides digital image services, including licensed photos, illustrations, vectors, and video clips used by customers in visual communications, such as websites, digital and printed marketing materials, corporate communications, books, publications, and video content; as well as music tracks Commercial music services with sound effects to supplement digital images.
Shutterstock also provides digital asset management services through its cloud-based digital asset management platform WebDAM, which provides customers with tools to manage content assets. Currently, Shutterstock has more than 90 million tax-free stocks of photos, vector graphics and illustrations, and about 4 million video clips and music tracks are available for licensing.
As a two-sided market, Shutterstock’s mission is to combine creative professionals with the best photos. Shutterstock has an online library that stores a large number of photos and various professional pictures, and users who subscribe to its service can be authorized to download the pictures they want. Images are collected through contributors. When these images are downloaded by paying users, Shutterstock shares the revenue with the image contributors.
The slogan of the US Shutterstock is Make money with your photos!
- Shutterstock was founded in 2003 by programmer and photographer Jon Oringer, initially just a subscription site;
- In 2009, Shutterstock acquired Bigstock;
- In February 2011, Shutterstock announced a two-year partnership with the American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) to provide its members with creative inspiration;
- In May 2012, Shutterstock submitted its IPO prospectus, and on October 17th of the same year, the IPO landed on the New York Stock Exchange. The issue price was $17. It issued 4.5 million shares and raised about 76.5 million US dollars. Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Bank were the lead underwriters. Quotient
- In November 2012, Shutterstock released a universal iOS application for iPhone and iPad;
- In August 2013, Shutterstock and Facebook announced a cooperation to integrate the Shutterstock library into Facebook’s ad creators, allowing advertisers to select Shutterstock images when creating ads;
- In March 2014, Shutterstock acquired WebDAM, a digital asset management software provider;
- In May 2014, Shutterstock and Salesforce partners integrated the Shutterstock image library into Salesforce Social Studio;
- In January 2015, Shutterstock acquired Rex Features, the largest independent photo news agency in Europe, for US$33 million, and PremiumBeat, a storage music and sound effects service provider, for US$32 million;
- Later, it established a cooperative relationship with Associated Press and has a license agreement with Penske Media Corporation;
- As of March 2016, the company has “more than 100,000 contributors”, of which about 70 million pictures and 4 million video clips are available for licensing and sales;
- On February 24, 2018, the Chinese designer interactive platform Zicuo announced the completion of a US$15 million B+ round of strategic financing. The investor is a genuine visual content provider and a US listed company Shutterstock.