Bayer AG (OTC: BAYRY, BAYZF, FWB: BAYN) was founded on August 1, 1863 and is headquartered in Leverkusen on the Rhine River in Germany, with 100,110 full-time employees (March 31, 2018, acquired Before Monsanto), it is a pharmaceutical and chemical multinational group (Kang Zheen ). After completing the acquisition of Monsanto on June 7, 2018 , it is currently the world’s largest seed company (ranked second is the Sinochem Group acquisition of Syngenta ), one of the world’s largest pesticide (insecticide) company and the world’s largest pharmaceutical company, the German stock index DAX ingredients company, one of the world’s top 500.
Bayer AG (BAYRY):
The Bayer Group was established in Germany. On August 1, 1863, the businessman Friedrich Bayer and the paint master Johann Friedrich Weskott were founded in Barmen, Wupata, Germany. Established a paint company-“Friedr. Bayer et comp.” (Friedr. Bayer et comp.). In 1912, the company moved to Leverkusen on the Rhine in Germany. Today, Leverkusen is still the headquarters of the Bayer Group. Today, Bayer Group has 350 branches in almost all countries and regions in the world. So far, the Bayer Group has more than 100,000 employees worldwide.
The Bayer cross is the logo of Bayer . It has been used since 1904. The Bayer cross is composed of the horizontal and vertical “BAYER” Latin letters. The two words share a “Y” letter, and the outermost is a circle. The Bayer headquarters has a large neon sign in Leverkusen. This Bayer Cross installed in 1958 is the world’s largest neon sign.
Bayer Group is a global company whose core competitiveness lies in healthcare, nutrition and high-tech materials. Through a strategic reorganization, the Bayer Group focuses on three business groups with potential, mobility and independence-healthcare, crop science and material technology, and is supported by three service companies. The operating companies of the Bayer Group promote the development of the future market with their outstanding contributions.
Bayer has many major inventions, including aspirin, heroin, methadone, pyridoxine, mustard gas, tabun, ciprofloxacin, vardenafil, polyurethane, polycarbonate, suramin , balazone and carnivore Wei wait.
Subsidiary of Bayer AG (BAYRY):
- Bayer Consumer Health
- Bayer CropScience AG
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals ( Bayer Pharmaceuticals )
- Bayer Animal Health ( Bayer Animal Health )
- Bayer MaterialScience AG (Bayer MaterialScience AG)-has been divested and independently listed, now: Covestro (FWB: 1COV)
- Bayer Technology Services GmbH
- Bayer Industry Services GmbH & Co. OHG / Currenta GmbH & Co. OHG
- Bayer Business Services GmbH
German Bayer AG (BAYRY) history:
- On August 1, 1863, the businessman Friedrich Bayer and the paint master Johann Friedrich Weskott were founded in Barmen, Wupata, Germany. Established a paint company-“Friedr. Bayer et comp.” (Friedr. Bayer et comp.).
- In 1912, the company moved to Leverkusen on the Rhine in Germany.
- In 1978, Bayer acquired Miles Laboratories and its subsidiaries Miles Canada and Cutter Laboratories, including its product lines: Alka-Seltzer, Flintstones vitamins, One-A-Day vitamins, Cutter insect repellent, and Cutter’s Factor VIII business.
- From 1995 to 1997, Bayer built a pharmaceutical production and packaging plant in Beijing to manufacture solid and semi-solid products.
- In 2000, Bayer CropScience established Bayer CropScience (China) Co., Ltd. in Hangzhou. So far, Bayer CropScience has eight research farms in China and offices in 22 provinces. Bayer Crop Science (China) Co., Ltd. (formerly Rona Planck Hangzhou Crop Science Co., Ltd. and Aventis Hangzhou Crop Science Co., Ltd.) is located in Hangzhou Economic and Technological Development Zone, with a total investment of 84.4 million US dollars. It is mainly engaged in fipronil , Ethiprole, etc., production of various pesticides, herbicides, fungicides and other preparations; at the same time develop and sell efficient, low-toxic, low-residue pesticides, fungicides, herbicides and seed treatment agents.
- In 2002, Bayer’s stock was listed on the world’s most important stock market-the New York Stock Exchange under the stock code BAY. On July 1 of the same year, the Bayer Group began the largest reorganization in the company’s history, which formed the company’s current organizational structure (delisted from NYSE).
- In 2004, Bayer HealthCare AG to acquire Roche (Roche Pharmaceuticals) ‘s non-prescription drugs (OTC) business.
- In 2006, Merck Pharmaceuticals announced the acquisition of Schering-Plough (Schering AG, founded in 1851, 2006 annual revenue of 5 billion euros, more than 140 subsidiaries and more than 26,000 employees worldwide) for 14.6 billion euros. Bayer, Germany The White Knight offer (White Knight, also known as the White Knight, points to a company that made a bona fide acquisition proposal for a company facing a hostile takeover by an independent party). In July of the same year, it acquired a majority of Schering-Plough at a price of EUR 14.6 billion. In 2007, Bayer took over Schering. AG established Bayer Schering Pharma.
- In March 2008, Bayer HealthCare announced the acquisition of the over-the-counter drug business of Sagmel, Inc. in the United States.
- On November 2, 2010, Bayer of Germany announced the acquisition of Bomac Group, an Oakland animal health company.
- In 2014, Bayer acquired Algeta for US$2 billion (previously developed radiotherapeutic Xofigo with it).
- On May 6, 2014, Bayer spent US$14.2 billion to acquire Merck ’s consumer healthcare business, which includes the anti-allergic drug Claritin and the nasal vasoconstrictor Afrin. The constipation treatment MiraLAX, Dr. Scholl foot care products, and the antifungal drugs Lotrimin and Tinactin.
- In June 2015, it agreed to sell its diabetes care business to Panasonic Healthcare Holding for US$1.02 billion .
- In September 2015, Bayer divested its $12.3 billion material science business, Bayer MaterialScience AG, and established an independent listed company, Covestro (FWB:1COV), with Bayer retaining 70% of its equity.
- After separating economically and legally from Covestro, Bayer embarked on a successful development path as a life science company. From January 1, 2016, the company’s business will be operated by three business units: prescription drugs, consumer health products and crop science.
- March 18, 2016, rivers and lakes (Reuters) rumors, the world’s largest seed company, the United States Monsanto (Monsanto) has approached the German business of Bayer (Bayer), to show interest in the latter crop science departments, including the possibility to more than $ 30 billion The price of the acquisition.
- On May 12, 2016, Jianghu (Bloomberg) rumored that Bayer of Germany was considering bidding to acquire its American rival Monsanto. If the deal is concluded, the world’s largest seed and agrochemical manufacturer will be born.
- On October 13, 2017, Bayer sold most of its LibertyLink brand seed business and Liberty herbicide business to BASF for 5.9 billion euros (7 billion US dollars) in cash (to clear up regulatory obstacles to the acquisition of Monsanto).
- On April 16, 2018, Bayer sold a 3.6% stake to Temasek to raise 3 billion euros (approximately US$3.7 billion).
- On June 7, 2018, according to relevant plans, Bayer completed the acquisition of Monsanto and became the sole shareholder of Monsanto. The two-year large-scale M&A transaction in the agrochemical industry was finally completed, and the world’s largest supplier of pesticides and genetically modified seeds, which accounted for more than a quarter of the global seed and pesticide market, was born. The new company continues to use Bayer as the company name. The 117-year-old “Monsanto” is no longer used as the company name , but becomes an integral part of Bayer’s assets and serves as a brand name under Bayer.
German Bayer AG (BAYRY) acquisition history:
German Bayer AG (BAYRY) product:
Pharmaceutical industry : Kogenate (recombinant clotting factor VIII), Xarelto (rivaroxaban), Betaseron, Yasmin / Yaz birth control pills, Nexavar (sorafenib), Trasylol (Aprotinin), Cipro (ciprofloxacin), etc.
- Agriculture industry : Fungicides, Herbicides, Insecticides, etc.
- All products : Bayer product list portal