Dufry AG (OTC PINK: DUFRY, DFRYF, DUFN.SW) was founded in 1865 and is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, with 31,336 full-time employees. It is a global travel retail giant and the world’s largest tax-free retailer.
Dufry AG (DUFRY):
Dufry AG is a Swiss travel retailer that operates duty-free and taxable shops and convenience stores in airports, cruise ships, ports, railway stations and central tourist areas. The company is headquartered in Basel and has nearly 36,000 employees in more than 65 countries/regions. It is publicly traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
Dufry AG operates a variety of concept stores, including general travel store brands: Dufry, World Duty Free, Nuance, Hellenic Duty Free, Colombian Emeralds, Duty Free Uruguay, Hudson, Duty Free Shop Argentina and RegStaer; Dufry shopping stores; brand boutiques ; Hudson brand convenience stores; and specialty stores and theme stores.
Dufry AG retail store offers perfume and cosmetics, food and confectionery, wine and spirits, watches and jewelry, fashion and leather, tobacco products, souvenirs, electronics, soft drinks, candy, packaged food, travel accessories, personal items, sunglasses, purpose Local goods, and other accessories, as well as newspapers, magazines and books.
Up to now, Dufry has approximately 2,400 duty-free and duty-paid shops in airports, cruise ships, seaports, railway stations and urban tourist areas.
Dufry AG (DUFRY) retail stores:
Dufry AG (DUFRY) History:
- 1865: Dufry AG was founded.
- 1948: Started duty-free wholesale business.
- 1952: Started duty-free retail business-opened the first duty-free shop in Paris/Le Bourget.
- 2003: Renamed Dufry.
- 2004: A consortium led by Advent International Corporation acquired 75% of Dufry’s issued share capital.
- 2005: Dufry becomes a publicly listed company-its shares are listed on the Swiss SIX Swiss Exchange. A consortium led by Advent International Corporation acquired the remaining 25% of the equity from previous shareholders.
- 2006: Dufry South America Ltd. (DSA) conducted an initial public offering (IPO) in December. Buy and sell shares on stock exchanges in Brazil and Luxembourg.
- In 2006, Dufry acquired Brazilian travel retailer Brasif and its logistics platform Eurotrade.
- 2007: Acquired one of the major travel retail operators in the Caribbean in Puerto Rico, with 23 stores in Puerto Rico and other Caribbean regions.
- 2008: Acquisition of Hudson Group, an American travel retailer, which has 550 stores in 69 airports and transportation hubs in the United States and Canada.
- 2010: Merger of Dufry Ltd. and Dunfry South America Ltd.
- 2011: Dufry acquired retail companies in Argentina, Uruguay, Ecuador, Martinique and Armenia, involving 21 duty-free shops distributed among 10 airports.
- 2012: Dufry acquired 51% of the shares in a Russian joint venture with RegStaer Group.
- In 2012, Dufry acquired a 51% stake in the travel retail business of the Folli Follie Group in Greece.
- In 2014, acquired The Nuance Group.
- In 2015, acquired World Duty Free (World Duty Free).
- 2016: Dufry renews the existing franchise contract. Dufry becomes a constituent stock of the Swiss Leader Index, which consists of the 30 largest Swiss companies listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
- 2018: Hudson Ltd., a subsidiary of Dufry, went public on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) on February 1, 2018.
- 2019: Dufry acquires 60% of RegStaer Vnukovo.
- On October 5, 2020, Dufry stated that it proposed to increase capital to raise no more than 700 million Swiss francs (763 million US dollars). Alibaba agreed to purchase no more than 9.99% of Dufry AG shares (due to the impact of the new crown pneumonia, several major tax exemptions worldwide Group Dufry, Lagardère, and JAT achieved tourism retail revenues of RMB 40, 1.2, and 100 million, respectively, down 98%, 87%, and 96% year-on-year).
Dufry AG (DUFRY) investment: