Kennametal Inc. (NYSE: KMT) was founded in 1938 and is headquartered in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, USA. It has 12,718 full-time employees. It is a world-renowned cemented carbide tool manufacturing company and the second largest tool supplier in the world.
Kennametal Inc. (KMT):
Kennametal is a world-renowned cemented carbide tool manufacturing company, a leader in the North American metal cutting industry, and the world’s second largest tool supplier. Kennametal offers everything from the automotive industry, aerospace industry, textile machinery, electronics industry to road construction , Oil exploration and other businesses.
Kennametal can provide the latest customized and standard high wear-resistant product solutions to help customers increase productivity. This increase in productivity is achieved through our technological advantages in the field of advanced materials and our skills in product applications.
Kennametal has a number of well-known brand series products, which are distributed in all corners of the world; we can help customers all over the world to succeed, regardless of the size of the customer, and no matter what stage of development the company is in. Our products and services include two core areas-industry and infrastructure industries-involving almost all areas of manufacturing. In every corner of the world, from light switches to car products, people can see and feel our products and services everywhere in their daily lives.
Kennametal Inc. (KMT) product line:
- Blades, disks, skins, fuel control systems, and landing gear for the aerospace industry
- Synthetic fertilizers for agriculture
- Camshafts, crankshafts, cylinder heads, rotors, calipers and differentials for automobiles
- Roofing and abrasives for home construction
- Asphalt, stabilization tools, and tunneling equipment for road construction
- Woodworking tools
- Machining industries:
- Machine tools: Machining centers, turning centers (CNC lathes), automatic lathes (screw machines)
- Tooling for machine tools:
- Indexable toolholders, collets
- cutting tools (via WIDIA Products Group, a consolidation of various brands in this industry): inserts, tool bits, milling cutters, taps and dies, metal sawing cutters and tooling
- Mining equipment
- Abrasives and flow control for the oil industry
- Generating equipment for electric power plants
- Fluids for the paper industry
- Wheels and axles for rail transport
- Custom engineering
Kennametal Inc. (KMT) company profile:
- Founded in 1938
- More than 14,000 employees worldwide
- Annual sales are approximately US$3 billion
- Headquartered in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, USA
- Serving customers in more than 60 countries
- Occupy the first or second position in various market sectors
- Occupy a leading position in the global mining and road construction industry tool market
Kennametal’s recent acquisition history of Kennametal Inc. (KMT):
- November 4, 2013-ATI Tungsten Materials Business
- August 1, 2013-Comercializadora Emura SRL
- March 2, 2012-Deloro Stellite
- May 7, 2009-Romicron
- October 1, 2008-Tricon Metals & Services, Inc.
- May 14, 2007-Remaining Ownership Interest in Spanish Affiliate, KENCI, SA
- May 2, 2007-International Specialty Alloys, Inc.
- January 31, 2007-Federal Signal’s Cutting Tool Business
- September 18, 2006-Camco
- July 10, 2006-Sintec