BAE Systems plc (OTC: BAESY, BAESF, LSE: BA.) was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in London, England, with 83,200 full-time employees. It is a multinational arms industry and aerospace equipment company. when he was with the British General electric (General electric company plc, GEC), a subsidiary of Marconi electronic systems (Marconi electronic systems, MES) of the new company after the merger thereof. British Aerospace Systems is the world ’s third largest arms contractor after Lockheed Martin and Boeing .
BAE Systems plc (BAESY):
British Aerospace Systems mainly sells military aircraft, civilian aircraft, missiles, satellites, electronic equipment, instruments and test equipment, and the development and production of related weapon systems. It almost monopolizes the development and production of military aircraft, spacecraft and tactical missiles in the United Kingdom.
According to 2010 statistics, British Aerospace Systems ranked second in the global arms industry with sales of 32.9 billion U.S. dollars (behind Lockheed Martin ), and was later surpassed by Boeing to rank third. It is the largest aerospace company and the largest missile manufacturing company in the UK, and it is also the largest aerospace manufacturing company in Western Europe. At the same time, the company’s economic operations rely heavily on military industry revenue.
BAE Systems plc is divided into 3 departments to operate :
1. Electronic Systems ——Provide electronic warfare systems and photoelectric sensors, military and commercial digital engines and flight control, precision guidance and seeker solutions, military communication systems and data links, continuous monitoring systems and hybrid power Drive System.
2. Cyber & Intelligence (network and intelligence) -to provide analysis solutions and support for the US government; and provide system engineering, integration and life support services for the US defense and alliance partner customers. The department also provides security solutions and services to national security customers to protect data and networks; and provides data intelligence, cyber intelligence, anti-fraud, financial compliance, national defense and international government agencies, commercial organizations, and communication service providers IT solutions.
3. Platforms & Services (US) -manufactures tanks, weapons and ammunition, and provides ship repair services and manages government-owned ammunition facilities.
4. Platforms & Services (UK) -provide air, sea, land and shared service activities.
5. Platforms & Services (International) ——provide operational capability support to the Air Force and Navy; produce, upgrade and support plans in the air, sea and land areas; and provide defense platforms and network security services.
BAE Systems plc (BAESY) product:
- BAE Mantis armed aircraft
- Scimitar fighter
- Hawker Hunter (Hunter Style)
- Eagle trainer
- BAE 146 airliner
- Jetstream 31
- Jetstream 41
- BAe ATP
- Thor UAV
- Alert nuclear submarine
- Track gun
BAE Systems plc (BAESY) history:
- 1977, the Labor government British Aircraft Corporation, Hawker Siddeley (Hawker Siddeley) and two subsidiaries of Air Scotland (Scottish Aviation) merger, nationalization, composed of state-owned enterprises, renamed British Aerospace.
- In 1999, British Aerospace Corporation acquired Marconi Electronic Systems, a subsidiary of British General Electric, and established British Aerospace Systems.
- In February 2010, British Aerospace Systems announced that the original Armor Holdings business had written down 592 million pounds after the contract for the medium-sized tactical vehicle series expired in 2009. Oshkosh Corporation (Oshkosh Corporation) acquired the highest bid of 2.3 billion pounds ($3.7 billion).
- In May 2011, BAE Systems sold the regional aircraft leasing portfolio and asset management division of its regional aircraft business.
- In the 2012 semi-annual report, BAE Systems’ revenue for the six months ended June 30 fell by 10% due to the decline in armament requirements.
- In May 2012, the British government and the Saudi Arabian government reached a package agreement in which a contract worth 1.6 billion pounds was awarded to BAE to supply 55 Pilatus PC-21 and 22 BAE Systems Hawk aircraft.
- On September 13, 2012, BAE Systems and EADS entered into possible merger negotiations. If an agreement is reached, BAE’s shareholders will own 40% of the new company, while EADS will own the remaining 60%. However, on October 10, 2012, the two companies stated that merger negotiations have been cancelled.
- In December 2012, the Sultanate of Oman ordered Typhoon and Hawk aircraft worth 2.5 billion pounds.
- In July 2014, British Aerospace announced the acquisition of Signal Innovations Group Inc., a US intelligence company, to enhance its image and data analysis technology in its intelligence and security business.
- In August 2014, BAE won a £248 million contract from the British government to build three new offshore patrol ships.
- In October 2014, British Aerospace Systems and Babcock International won a contract from the British Ministry of Defence with a total value of 3.2 billion pounds for the maintenance of British warships, submarines and naval bases in the next five years.
- In 2014, BAE Systems acquired American cybersecurity company Silversky for US$232.5 million.
- During Theresa May’s visit to Turkey in January 2017, BAE and TAI officials signed an agreement worth approximately £100 million for BAE to assist in the development of the TAI TFX aircraft.