The Dutch global insurance group AEGON NV (NYSE: AEG) was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in The Hague, the Netherlands. It has 31,530 full-time employees (2016). It is one of the top 10 life insurance companies in the world, mainly providing life insurance, pension and assets Management service.
Dutch global insurance group Aegon (AEG):
Dutch Global Insurance Group provides life insurance and protection products such as traditional and universal insurance policies, life and death insurance, term insurance, life insurance and other products. In addition, there are additional health insurance, accidental death and amputation insurance, major disease insurance, cancer treatment, and credit / Disability, income security, travel and long-term care insurance.
At the same time, Aegon also provides personal deposits and retirement products including variable annuities, retail mutual funds, fixed annuity products, employer solutions and pensions, including pension products consisting of 401 (k) type plans and stable income solutions; by Individual and group pension products sponsored by a single employer.
In addition, Aegon also has collateral, annuity products and deposit products.
Aegon also has general insurance products such as auto insurance, accident liability insurance, disability, household insurance and fire protection insurance.
The Dutch Global Insurance Group has diversified sales channels, including related groups, banks, claims consulting companies, direct sales to consumers, independent and professional brokers, independent sales organizations, institutional partners, regional independent brokers, registered representatives, and third-party management People, wholesalers, workstations, networks, mutual fund sellers, independent general management agents and science colleges, etc.
Aegon operates in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Turkey, Ukraine, Spain, Portugal, France and Asia.
The history of Dutch global insurance group Aegon (AEG):
- In 1983, AGO Holding NV (merged by Algemeene Friesche, Groot-Noordhollandsche and Olveh in 1968) merged with Ennia NV (1969, merged by Eerste Nederlandsche and Nillmij) to form AEGON NV;
- In 1994, Aegon acquired Scottish Equitable;
- In 1998, Aegon established Stonebridge International Insurance Ltd to market a series of personal insurance products, including accident insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance;
- In 1999, Aegon acquired the life insurance business of Guardian Royal Exchange;
- In 1999, Aegon acquired Transamerica Corporation;
- On August 13, 2007, Aegon announced the establishment of a partnership with Merrill Lynch to strengthen cooperation in life insurance and investment products. As part of the agreement, Aegon acquired two life insurance companies under Merrill Lynch for US$1.3 billion;
- On October 28, 2008, the Dutch government and De Nederlandsche Bank agreed to inject 3 billion euros into Aegon to establish a capital buffer in exchange for convertible bonds to help it weather the financial crisis;
- On June 15, 2011, Aegon completed the repurchase of all 3 billion Euro convertible bonds from the Dutch government.
A subsidiary of Dutch global insurance group Aegon (AEG):
- Aegon USA, LLC
- Transamerica Corporation
- Transamerica Advisors Life Insurance Company
- Transamerica Advisors Life Insurance Company of New York
- Monumental Life Insurance Company
- Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Company
- Stonebridge Life Insurance Company
- Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Company
- Transamerica Financial Life Insurance Company
- Transamerica Life Canada
- Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Company
- World Financial Group of Canada Inc.
- World Financial Group US Inc.
- Aegon Levensverzekering
- Aegon Schadeverzekering
- Aegon Bank
- OPTAS Pensioenen
- Aegon Spaarkas
- Unirobe Meeus Groep
- TKP Pensioen
- Aegon Hypotheken
- Scottish Equitable plc (trading as Aegon UK)
- Origen Financial Services
- Positive Solutions
- Aegon España SA (Spain)
- Aegon Magyarország Általános Biztositó Zrt. (Hungary)
- Aegon TU na Życie SA / Aegon Powszechne Towarzystwo Emerytalne SA (Poland)
- Joint venture company with CNOOC: Aegon-CNOOC Life Insurance Company (50%) (China)
- Joint venture company with Sony: Aegon Sony Life Insurance Cy (50%) (Japan)
- Caja Badajoz Vida y Pensiones (Spain)
- Banca Civica joint venture partners: CAN Vida y Pensiones SA de Seguros (50% joint venture), Caja Burgos Vida (50%), CAN Seguros de Salud (50%) (Spain)
- Cantabris Vida Y Pensiones (50%) (Spain)
- Liberbank Vida y Pensiones (50%) (Spain)
- Unnim Vida (50%) (50%) (Spain)
- Aegon Industrial Fund Management Co. (49%) (China)
- AMVEST Vastgoed BV (Netherlands)