Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT) was founded in 1921 and is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. It has 17,700 full-time employees. It is one of the world’s largest distributors of electronic components, computer products and embedded technology solutions, providing cost-effective solutions Value-added services and solutions build a bridge between the world’s leading technology suppliers and customers all over the world and accelerate their success.
In terms of revenue, Avnet, Inc. is the largest company in Arizona, USA (2015).
Avnet, Inc. is a B2B technology distributor headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona. Avnet is a Fortune 500 company and one of the world’s largest distributors of electronic components, computer products and embedded technology.
Avnet, Inc., along with its subsidiaries, distributes electronic components, corporate computers, network and storage products and software, IT solutions and services, and embedded subsystems in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific.
Avnet is divided into two departments to operate: Electronic Marketing (EM) and Technology Solutions (Technology Solutions, TS).
- Electronics Marketing -Sales of semiconductors; interconnection, passive and electromechanical equipment; and embedded products of electronic component manufacturers, and provide a series of value-added services, so that customers can through the entire life cycle of technology products and systems, Evaluate, import, design and purchase electronic components. Downstream customers cover automotive, communications, computer hardware and peripherals, industry and manufacturing, medical equipment, defense, and aerospace.
- Technology Solutions -responsible for the agency of enterprise computing servers and systems, software, storage, services and complex solutions; and provide hard disk, microprocessor, motherboard, DRAM module technology to general-purpose computer and system manufacturers; at the same time, Customers and suppliers work together to create and provide solutions for data centers and IT life cycle. It is impossible to solve the operational challenges of end customers. It can also provide enterprise, life cycle, education, cloud and management solutions.
Avnet (AVT) History:
- In 1921, Russian immigrant Charles Avnet founded the company;
- In 1955, Avnet was officially registered and established;
- In 1959, Avnet IPO was listed on the American Stock Exchange;
- In 1998, Avnet moved its headquarters from Great Neck, New York to Phoenix, Arizona;
- In July 2010, Avnet acquired Bell Microelectronics for $631 million;
- In September 2016, Avnet sold Avnet Technology Solutions to Tech Data for US$2.6 billion.